Quicken 2005 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installation and Running

Ok, I finally managed to get Quicken 2005 Premier working using 4.1.0.

[Installation]
The only way I have managed to get the software running is by using a windows machine with it preinstalled. I copy the "Quicken" directory from "Program Files" to the "Program Files" directory within the dotwine directory structure.

The application shortcuts have problems and I find myself launching the application by a terminal. No big deal, since I use short cuts on the desktop anyways.

[Note on One Step Updating]
One Step updating appears to work just fine when using a preinstalled windows copy.

[Application Performance]
The application all in all runs quite well. I do notice some slow refresh times on images and graphs, but it is expected with whats all going on in the background right now.

[Features]
Backups dont work but I haven't noticed any features that don't work. I'm sure there are features that don't, but I just haven't noticed any.

• DONT TRY TO DO BACKUPS *, seems to crash when the memory gets full.

[COMMON ERROR MESSAGES]
I get three "Could not load SkuMap" errors and one "Could not load QWPA.INI" error. I also get an error saying the "Online setup information is missing".

Backups do appear to be working after playing around with it a little more. Some times it does crash saying it ran out of memory.

qwpa.ini and skumap.dat are suppose to be in:
===
/Windows/All Users/Application Data/Intuit/Quicken/Inet/Common/Content/

There are other files and folders missing as well when the installation is done in CX4.1. The main problem is with the installation phase as proved by the fact that Quicken 2005 works properly if the contents of the following 2 directories

/Windows/All Users/Application Data/Intuit/Quicken/ ....
and
/Quicken or /Program Files/Quicken

are copied to your CX4.1 installation after Installing Quicken 2005 in CX4.1 first; so the registry gets setup and the program is registered in the CX4.1's install/remove component.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid0xjNUxjVFI0TjR0TEN3UiIsImdkcHIiOjB9