Quicken 2006 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't run QW Premier 2006

Installation of QW 2006 Premier Home and Business under Fedora Core 4 and CXO 4.2 and CXO 5.0 Alpha 1 works fine but once installation is complete, I can't run Quicken. I receive the following error:

"Your Quicken program files ( not your data files ) may have been damaged. You will need to reinstall Quicken."

I have tried removing previous versions of Quicken, installing Quicken cleanly, upgrading from QW 2004 to 2006 and removing CXO 4.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Pankaj

I just installed CXO 4.2 on OpenSuse 10 and am having the exact same results with Quicken Premier 2006 as I had under Fedora Core 4. any one have any suggestions?
Much appreciated!

I have no problems on CX5.0 and SuSE 9.3 😀

Sorry dude, I don't run the home and business version of Quicken. I did have this problem once (but only once) where my existing Quicken installation became corrupted. Here's how I fixed it:

1. I backed up any program files I wanted saved (especially Quicken's)
  2. I deleted the cxoffice and .cxoffice directories
  3. I performed a fresh install of Crossover Office
  4. I manually installed Internet Explorer (because I have the download version of Quicken).
  5. I installed Quicken.
  6. I restored my Quicken files.

Everything ran great after that.

I have exactly the same problem with Quicken Premier Home and Business under FC4. I have CXO 5.0.0

I have tried reinstalling etc. to no avail

Nigel

What distro and CXO version are you running? I tried Fedora Core 4 and OpenSuse 10 with CXO 4.2 and CXO 5.0 fresh installations of CXO, IE, Quicken, etc. Install goes great but after that, I'm hosed. Same error.

Running FC4, CXO 5.0.0 standard, IE 6, quicken 2006 update 3...

Everything works fine except that I can't seem to register quicken, I click on the Register Quicken button and the browser opens up blank....for product registration. However if I hit cancel or close the browser it brings up the update your bank info etc..like normal.

Everything works great from that point on...and even the browser works fine its just the beginning with that product registration part that it fails.

Has anyone else had this problem and maybe know of a way to bypass this registration. Not using a warez copy,

Anonymous

Are you trying to install it from the Crossover, Configuration Menu directly into a bottle by selecting Install Software, OR by using the normal menu item Crossover, Install Windows Software method? If it is the first method then make sure you do it in a Win98 bottle but even doing that it may not work correctly. Try using the old method of installing Unsupported Software from the Crossover, Install Windows Software menu. It worked for me. First insure you have DCOM95 and IE6 installed before trying to install Q2006.

I get the same error - "Your Quicken program files (not your data files ) may have been damaged. You will need to reinstall Quicken." - also running QPHAB 2006. I've tried on Suse 9.3, Suse 10.0, and most recently Kubuntu 5.10. I've tried starting installation from the Configuration window, and from the Crossover/Install Windows Software menu item. I've tried letting the autorun do the installation, and I've tried installing as unsupported by browsing to the install.exe app on the CD. I tried installing IE (web download) before I installed Quicken, and I tried letting the Quicken installer install IE from the CD as part of the Quicken install. I tried using the default bottle, and I've tried making a new one (Win 98). I'm baffled. All of these got the same error message when I tried running Quicken.

What's really frustrating is somehow I got QPHAB 2006 running perfectly on CXO 4.2rc2 on Suse 9.2, and I can't remember what I did. Registration and everything worked. (Interestingly enough, and maybe this is a clue - when I upgraded my working 4.2 installation to CXO 5.0.1, I got the same error again. So 5 is doing something that 4.2 didn't, and it seems to be breaking Quicken, at least it did for me.)

Some people are getting it to run and others aren't. It's a puzzle, for sure.

I am in the exact same boat.
Installation goes fine, but when I try to run Quicken Premier H&B, I get the same error : "Your Quicken program files (not your data files ) may have been damaged. You will need to reinstall Quicken."

Using CXOP 5.0.1, on Ubuntu Dapper Drake.

Quicken 2004 Premier runs like a charm btw.

I have exactly the same problem. I'm running Crossover 5.0.3 and Ubuntu 6.06.1. I tried starting from scratch with a completely clean Crossover setup, and installed IE6 and DCOM95 but nothing works for me.

I'm having the same problem, Crossover 5.0.3 on Debian Etch RC1, kernel 2.6.18-3-486.

A couple other things I noticed:

• It worked fine on Debian Sarge in KDE (if that even matters) using the 2.6.0 kernel.
  • Currently, in Gnome, Quicken installs as if it went ok, yet it is missing from the menu (but the quicken folder is in the menu...)

I've tried all sorts of installing/uninstalling/cleaning combinations, but with no luck at all. Talk about frustrating and aggravating.

1 to 12 of 12

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUnBSWVl1RkFlM3BhQXdkQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9