Quicken 2006 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2006 Premier with cxo 4.2 Pro, Suse 9.3

I had been looking around for notes from folks who had installed the above configuration and could not find anything.

Initially I problems launching Quicken following a successful install. I got that message box about having corrupt program files advising me to re-install Quicken. I discovered that it seems to be caused by a corrupt "bottle". The cure was to un-install cxo 4.2 and re-install it. Once done, Quicken loaded normally.

During the Quicken install process your prompted to install fonts. The installation process failed. I have a test machine running Suse 10.0 and I learned that the fonts install correctly. I don't know what is causing this problem other than file permissions, but it's not related to being able to successfully install and run Quicken.

I believe that I'm also running a w98 configuration and I also installed IE and DCOM as well.

Because I'm returning from Gnucash, I could not import my data due to an absense of data export features in Gnucash.

So as of late I have created checking, savings, CD, MM, CC type accounts. I've brought up Quicken on-line help. I've also pulled the latest Quicken updates, and am running R4.

Of course you need to run Quicken under the root Id in order to successfully apply the update.

It's regretable that this product was not ported to Linux. I've been away for few years and must admit that it's a much more complete product than Gnucash which did serve me well for at least 3 years. However, since I require features such as financial planning and investment tracking, I need a tool that is more finished and does not require as much heavy lifting.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSmJ3OHNSYWVxQVBMZTd6QyIsImdkcHIiOjB9