Quicken 2006 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2006 crashes when displaying help video

Kubuntu 7.04 (Feisty)

Steps to reproduce:
Install latest CrossOver trial package
Install Internet Explorer 6.0 - verified it is working
Install Quicken using QW06DLX.exe - which I think I got from the Intuit website a long time ago
Installs fine (appears to)
Launch Quicken, create a new data file
Create a new checking account
Open the check register
A help video is supposed to appear that you can either skip or play. At this point, Quicken crashes.

Any suggestions? If I can get Quicken 2006 working, I will purchase this product.

Thanks,
Ken

I'm not certain this will help, but please try creating a new bottle and installing Quicken without installing anything else (like Internet Explorer). Does it work then?

It should not be necessary to install IE. CrossOver will install whatever Quicken requires to work properly. I believe it installs the CrossOver HTML Engine, as a substitute for those parts of IE that Quicken needs. It may be that installing CrossOver HTML Engine after installing Internet Explorer causes problems. If you need IE in the bottle for some reason, install it after installing Quicken (and thus after CrossOver HTML Engine).

I also get this. It appears to be a "What's New" video. The pop-up box pops up correctly, has some buttons for playing the video, and a checkbox that says something like, "Don't show this help tip anymore", but you can never check the box because the app freezes and has to be killed.

I'm sure there must be one of the entries in one of the INI files that can disable this, but I cannot find which one. Does anybody know?

Had the same issue. Go to the following directory

~/.cxoffice/win98/drive_c/windows/profiles/All Users/Application Data/Intuit/Quicken/Aware

and open the file Account_Register.ini. Replace the contents of this file with the information below and save it:

[Aware]
Year=2006
ProductYear=2006
Display=0
Index=0
Seen=1
Count=1

Next time you should not see the "What's New" video

I have found that the font issue that effect Quicken 2007 is also effecting 2006.

I have fixed the issue with the following commands:

cd /usr/share/fonts/truetype

sudo mv arphic ../..

Hope it helps

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVlluQVVKbXpGVm55OUhtVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9