Quicken 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2007 Home & Business will not even start, but used to.

I was able to install the app, but it would hang on creating a new database. I also was missing all button text. I followed the help in Tips and tricks about editing the .reg file, and that worked for one launch of the application, and now the button text is gone again. Well that was before when the app would at least start.

Now it wont even start and I get this error output.

env WINEPREFIX="/home/david/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\Quicken\qw.exe"
err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\Program Files\Quicken\QWUTIL.dll" failed with error 1813
err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\Program Files\Quicken\QWUTIL.tlb" failed with error 2
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33f6ac,0x00000000), stub!

Now when the application was starting I also had these errors, but I had a few more refering to sound that are not here because the app wont get that far.

Any Ideas?

Which version of CrossOver are you using? I vaguely recall the problem with missing button text, but I thought that had been fixed. If you're not using 6.2, trying upgrading.

Other than that, I don't have specific suggestions. Our Quicken compatibility isn't my area of expertise.

You used a win2000-type bottle? You might try creating a new bottle and reinstalling Quicken into it. Hopefully, the problem won't recur.

Wait, wait... You're using a non-CrossOver WINEPREFIX, so it's probably not even a CrossOver bottle. Also, it's not clear which "wine" executable you're invoking. Maybe you need to use ~/cxoffice/bin/wine or /opt/cxoffice/bin/wine, explicitly.

Actually, I am sorry for posting on this site. for some reason I thouht this had to do with wine. I dont have crossover, lol

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaFhwWGNGSGhwTlBaeno0OCIsImdkcHIiOjB9