Quicken 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Good news! Button and popup text on Linux

I've run Crossover in debug mode and tracked down the button text problem:

Lack of the Microsoft "Tahoma" font.

For now, here is a workaround that works for me:

1. Open .cxoffice/<bottle>/system.reg e.g. .cxoffice/default/system.reg in your favorite editor
  2. Search for the section titled "[Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]"
  3. Add "Tahoma"="Times New Roman" to the bottom of that section

Or alternatively, if you have Windows or MacOS (with Microsoft Office installed?), you could try copying the Tahoma TrueType font (something like "Tahoma" or "tahoma.ttf") to your Crossover c:\windows\fonts [Note: I haven't tried this!]

Button and popup text seems to work for me!

Next on my to-do list: Figure out how to get online updates working! 😉

• Jason

I've added some notes to the "Tips & Tricks" and "Known Issues" sections about this.

Thanks so much for the help here!

I tried your suggestion of copying the "tahoma" font into the fonts directory, and it didn't seem to work. However, I used your registry trick, changing "Tahoma" to "Arial" and now the text shows up very well.

You rock, Jason!

By setting up the font substitution, I get button text to work, but only if the bottle is configured to run as win2000. As soon as I change the configuration to win98 (so I can try to get only access working using your IE fix), the button text goes away on most buttons. I've tried both Arial and Times New Roman for the substitution and have the same problem with either. Any suggestions?

Ignore my last post. I see there's plenty of discussion about the issue on the online accss thread.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia3czTGN0cnFMcUZWVVNmcyIsImdkcHIiOjB9