Quicken 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't open existing Quicken file

Brief backgroun: I've been using Quicken 2007 on my iMac via XP in Parallels for a couple of months, but my XP virtual machine recently crashed, so I thought that I'd try Crossover since Quicken is the only reason I need Windows.

I have Quicken running in Crossover, but I can't open the existing *.qdfm file that I created with this very version of Quicken when it was running in Parallels. The browse window in Quicken seems to think it's a Folder, not a file. Has anyone seen this behavior?

I tried renaming the file to *.qdf (removed the 'm'), and Quicken found it when it started, but said the current user didn't have permissions. When I go look at the file everyone and all individual users have all permissions to that file. It's sitting in a folder that I set-up with ACL so that sub-folders and files would inherit all rights.

I can make a new Quicken file without a problem. Any suggestions for getting my old information?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV3JLM0tWVzhBYjRLU2t6bSIsImdkcHIiOjB9