Quicken 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Clarification of Tips & Tricks (Font & Online Update issues)

Maybe it's just me, because I'm new to Crossover, but the Tips & Tricks for Quicken 2007 were hard to follow - though I admittedly did muddle through. If I could try restating the workarounds, I would start by assuming both workarounds are necessary and therefore have a single tip/trick to follow.

Overview:
Trick the Quicken 2007 installer into installing on a Win2000 platform, then change the platform to Win98 for compatibility with IE6. Also, substitute the Tahoma font with Times New Roman to enable button and drop-down list text.

Steps:
1) In the Crossover Configuration, click "Install Software".
2) Choose "Install unsupported software". <Next>
3) <Next> on the warning screen (or turn back if that scares you!).
4) Identify your installation source for Quicken 2007. <Next>
5) Choose "New bottle (recommended)" on the "Install into" screen. You can name your bottle now, let's name it Quicken2007.
6) Be sure the "Create from template" is "win2000". <Next>
7) The Quicken installer will come up. Choose "Install Quicken".
8) Go through all the installation steps, being sure that IE6 is installed by the Quicken installer.
9) After the reboot, <Finish> on the Crossover Install Software window.
10) You'll now be back at the "Add/Remove" tab of Crossover. Go to the "Manage Bottles" tab.
11) Choose your new bottle (created in step 5) and click <Configure>.
12) You'll have a new window called "Configuring bottle Quicken2007" (or whatever you named your bottle). Choose the "Control Panel" tab.
13) Click on the winecfg icon, to the left of "winecfg (Built-in tool for configuring Bottle settings)".
14) Another new window(!) called "Wine configuration". It comes up on the "Applications" tab with "Default Settings" chosen. Now down below you'll see a dropdown for "Windows" with "Windows 2000" chosen. Change that value to "Windows 98". Then <Apply> and <OK>.
15) You're back to the "Configuring bottle Quicken2007" window. Again <Apply> and <OK>.
16) Bring up a terminal window.
17) cd ~/.cxoffice/Quicken2007/drive_c/windows/system32 (see why it helps to name your bottle something meaningful that you can use and remember later?)
18) Remove the following files: rm msi.dll msiexec.exe rpcrt4.dll rsaenh.dll rsaenhs.dll.
19) exit the terminal session.
20) You're back to "Manage Bottles". Go to the "Add/Remove" tab, choose your new bottle ("Quicken2007") and click "Install Software".
21) Choose "Install unsupported software". <Next>
22) <Next> on the warning screen (hopefully you've come too far to turn back now).
23) This time choose "Other *.exe file" and identify the location equivalent to "<Quicken 2007 Installation Location>/ie/ie6setup.exe". (It should be similar to where you installed from during Step 4, but you're getting to an actual file instead of the whole CD.) <Next>
24) On the "Install into" screen, be sure to choose your "Other existing bottle -- LIKELY TO PRODUCE ERRORS" that you created during Step 5 (Quicken2007). I did a custom installation of IE6, just the browser and a few plug-ins. I don't need all the additional stuff, personally.

You now have Quicken 2007 and IE6 installed! Now to make sure you can see drop down lists and button text:
1) Bring up a terminal window.
2) cd ~/.cxoffice/Quicken2007 (see why it helps to name your bottle something meaningful that you can use and remember later?)
3) Edit "system.reg" in your favorite editor (I used gedit: gedit system.reg).
4) Search for "FontSubstitutes" until you come across the key "[Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]".
5) Add "Tahoma" = "Times New Roman" at the end of the "FontSubstitutes" section. (You need the double quotes, not the single quotes.) Save the file and quit.
6) Edit "user.reg" in your favorite editor (I used gedit: gedit user.reg).
7) Search for "DLLOverrides" until you find the key titled "[Software\Wine\DllOverrides]"
8) Add "rsaenh"="native, builtin" to the end of the section. (You need the double quotes, not the single quotes.) Save the file and quit.

Congratulations! You can now start Quicken 2007 successfully! (Of course, YMMV.)

What distro are you using?

Wow, how could I have omitted that? 😕

Currently: Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy 32-bit
Testing (this weekend): Ubuntu 7.04 Fiesty 32-bit

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTDVWNnFnWUtVNFB1SnRhRSIsImdkcHIiOjB9