Quicken 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken Premier 2007 install hangs + Com error crash

I have downloaded the latest crossover 6.1.0 trial version to see if I can get the essential Quicken 2007 to work for me. I create a new win2000 bottle and run through the Quicken 2007 install which seems to work fine until the end when I click Done. The installation just hangs there and I must use the installation complete button to notify the crossover installation wizard that the install is done. Crossover simulates a windows reboot and my quicken 2007 appears in my windows applications. This looks good. Except when I click to use Quicken, it starts and I see the welcome screen asking me if I am a new quicken customer or not, but I also see many crash windows with Com error and then the program exits.

This is a fully updated Fedora 7 system with the true type fonts installed. I also am using a download version of the Quicken 2007 installer and not a cdrom. I am not sure what to do from here. I will continue to dig. If anyone has any ideas, they would be very welcome. :)

I got it fixed. I moved the /usr/share/fonts/chinese/TrueType/ukai.ttf font out of the way and it seems to work now.

Kirk,
Thank you for sharing your finding. That has helped me out greatly. This is what I did to solve the issue. Note I did not find a Chinese folder.

To resolve I did the following;
Open Package Manager
In Package Manager, perform a search for "ukai"

From search results, "Mark" "ttf-arphic-ukai" for removal.
Select apply.
Relaunch Quicken.... SUCCESS!

Just curious,
1) Was it your experience that all of the Quicken application buttons appear blank? The text on the buttons does not display.

2) Is it normal for the GUI to draw slowly?

Thanks,
Clinton

I think the issue with Quicken 2007's missing text is the lack of the Tahoma font. If you can find tahoma.ttf or install some software which includes it (maybe Office?), then Quicken should display text. We're actively looking for solutions for this.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWE5KeHdZV21ZdW1wWFA4QyIsImdkcHIiOjB9