Quicken 2007 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2010

How about Quicken 2010?

Hi,

Gets a 'garbage' rating over at WineHQ AppDB ;

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=18171

The forum comment on that page suggests Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 is
a required dependency.

Cheers!

Philip James wrote:

How about Quicken 2010?

At your posting, we loaded up Quicken 2010. Of course this is with our in-house builds which are unstable in various interesting ways.

We were able to get Quicken 2010 to install.

First, we installed .Net 2.0 into a win2000 bottle (the .Net 2.0 that comes with Quicken 2010 does not like CrossOver!). Then, we used the Quicken 2009 profile to install Quicken 2010 into the bottle. The same registration workaround applies... but it looks good right now! We have a few more tests to run, but with the release of CrossOver 9.x support is probably going to happen.

DISCLAIMER... a) I didn't try this with our current release of CrossOver (8.x), I've heard not as good of results there, but it does install from the reports we've seen. b) this is not an official 'we will support it' bit... but prospects look good.

CHEERS!

When is 9.x planned for release? I'm running Quicken 2010 and can't wait to get it up and running in Linux vs. booting into Windows.

The plan is early to mid January. Cheers!

As you may know, those of us running Quicken 2007 have a drop dead date to upgrade imposed by Intuit. I purchased (foolishly, it seems) a copy of Quicken 2010 after seeing it rated as Bronze - same as Quicken 2007. Obviously, I can't get it to install (although I got no error in a Windows 2000 bottle, it's not there after the install). Where can I get a copy of the "blessed" version of .Net 2.0? Or, barring that, how likely is it that a new release and support for Quicken 2010 will be out prior to April 30?

Ditto re Quicken 2010. It is the only Windows program I use and the only reason I subscribed to Crossover. It fails during installation which I found surprising for a Bronze Medal program but maybe I am doing something wrong.

With Crossover 9, it installs automatically as a supported program. It's "just" usable. I say that because, on my system at least, it crashes VERY frequently - see ticket 787016.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibjd3Q3hXdXlaMnY1UlZQVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9