Quicken 2008 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

no subject

has anyone had any success with quicken 2008? I tried to install it in a Win2K bottle but it didn't work. If I run the installer I get an error that Quicken no longer supports Windows 95, 98, ME, and NT operating systems.

I tried creating a Windows XP bottle and installing it there using "Install Unsupported Application". The install completed without any problems. However when I try to run it, it seems to start and then just disappear.

I then tried creating a Win2K bottle and again running the install using "Install Unsupported Application". This got me much further. The app installed, and I was able to open a Quicken data file from Quicken 2005. However Quicken can't connect to the Internet, and whenever I try to run one-step update, I get a pop-up telling me that Quicken needs to set up my connection, but then the pop-up disappears.

Hi there. :) I'm glad you submitted that, because I've only tested a Windows XP bottle yielding the exact same results as you did (under that bottle). I have not tried the Windows 2000 bottle, but upon hearing that, I'd like to run some further testing. I'll keep ya posted! -LN

UPDATE: No such luck. Switching WINE's version of Windows to Win2k had the same results for me. :/ FYI I use Gentoo inside of a coLinux environment for testing purposes.

For what it is worth, you do not need to have Quiken connect to the Internet if all you need to do is update. Point your browser to quicken.com, go to the support page and look for Updates. You will have to tell the site which version of Qucken you are using, then you will see a listing of all the available updates. Download whatever you need to your computer, then use the CrossOver Install Wizard to run the updates. Note that it is important that you use the wizard in order to direct the installation to the bottle in which you have your Quicken 2008 installed.

I found a great improvement in the way Quicken ran after I updated. Good luck.

I will try updating Quicken 2008 and running it again as soon as I can. Will keep you posted. Thanks a lot for the info, Lawrence. :)

What version of CXOffice are you running? Linux distro / kernel version, any other system info that might be helpful?

Lawrence Robinson wrote:

I found a great improvement in the way Quicken ran after I updated.
Good luck.

Thanks, Lawrence. Are you saying that you can run Quicken 2008 well-enough in your installation ?

I've been using Quicken 2002 quite nicely under CXOffice, but the key feature I need - download banking transactions - has stopped working due to Intuit's sunset policy on this (now too old) version of the app.

So, I am about to buy Quicken 2008, and try it, but didn't see a lot of success here so far.

Corey S.

I have not had any luck getting the internet connectivity to work within Quicken 2008. That includes the ability to connect to banks and download data.

I have also succum to the sunset policy with Quicken 2005. I had tried to install Quicken 2008 to no avail and will post if I get it working (I'm going to try again now that I am forced to update to use the online bank updates).

This is concerning, as I am also a current quicken 2005 user and will no longer be able to use important functionality after April 30th. Please log-into the Crossover website and Vote for quicken 2008!!!

Mark Magnotti wrote:

This is concerning, as I am also a current quicken 2005 user and
will no longer be able to use important functionality after April
30th. Please log-into the Crossover website and Vote for quicken
2008!!!

I didn't realize V7 would not operate Quicken 09, which I bought. Now is it right that it won't run Quicken 08 either? What version will it operate?

I just successfully upgraded to Quicken 2008 from 2006, using latest release version of cxoffice 7 with my win2000 bottle. It converted my data file just fine, and downloaded from my banks and brokers. I don't use Quicken.com, so if it doesn't work as reported, its no loss to me.

It took me two tries to do the online upgrade (i.e. patches) so if you see it reported as failed, just run it again.

Seems to work to me. We should upgrade the status from "known not to work" at least Bronze. This should be good until Intuit sunsets this in 3 years, I hope by then the folks at Crossover can decipher Intuit's interfaces (or that Intuit releases a Linux flavor!)

• Dave V.

I spoke too quick on my success with Quicken Premier 2008. After it downloaded and installed the latest updates from Intuit, it would crash-to-desktop whenever I attempted to download transactions from my banks!

I goofed up the re-installation, so I ended up sticking it in my "Unsupported" bottle. It works fine now, except I have to remember to keep declining the "do you want to update?" dialog box. OK, I consider this still a Bronze, but only by the skin of its teeth!

Grrr. That means somewhere in one of the Intuit updates is a "feature" that causes a crash. It may be time to explore other options.

Has anyone tried loading Quicken 8 and initializing it with Quicken data files transfered from Windows. Any suggestions??
Thanks

1 to 12 of 12

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSnlCZmF2Z2tORnFrUk1SWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9