Quicken 2008 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 7 and Quicken 2008

Just wanted to let everyone know that we're aware Quicken is discontinuing online banking for Quicken 05 and earlier in April. We're working out some final bugs (ironically Quicken's "new" online banking) and are cautiously optimistic that Crossover 7 will support Quicken 2008 and it's online banking.

I tried Quicken 2008 in a Win2000 bottle under Debian/Etch with XO6.2. My results were similar to those reported here.
The program did install, though it ended with a long log and an error message "Installation Failed".
Despite the error message, I clicked on the icon that appeared on my desktop and Q2008 opened and imported my very
large and complex data file from Quicken 2005. It appears that all the features of Q2008 work with the very
important exception of ALL the online features. Another user reported that Quicken starts a Wizard telling you what to set up
(how to connect to internet, Quicken.com userid) but then does not allow you to actually set anything up.

I am so angry at Intuit I could spit. Anyway -- I hope I can install
XO7 Beta and be running Quicken before it dies on 4/30.

FYI -- I am looking at GNUCASH which runs native in Linux, is GPL'd and no sunsetting. It appears to have a history and a high degree of functionality.

It is not a "Quicken Clone", but is perhaps useful as a combination of Quicken and Quickbooks for a small business.
I'll report back when I get it installed.

Andrew Balfour wrote:

Just wanted to let everyone know that we're aware Quicken is
discontinuing online banking for Quicken 05 and earlier in April.
We're working out some final bugs (ironically Quicken's "new" online
banking) and are cautiously optimistic that Crossover 7 will support
Quicken 2008 and it's online banking.

Is there any further update on the availability of Crossover 7 so that Quicken 2008 and its online features will work. I am a Quicken 2005 user with Crossover for many years and have been extremely happy. But all of that will end on April 30th when online features of Quicken 2005 will stop working. I looked at the Beta Center and I do not see any beta versions of Crossover 7 being tested. Does this mean that nothing has been started yet?? Very disheartening.

Glad to hear it! I am also a Quicken 2005 user and advocate and will need to update to 2008 soon. I am willing to become a advocate for the 2008 version and do some testing.

Everything tested seems to work OK with the exception of the Download Functions. I was able to use the Cntrl-Shift trick to get out of the Registration phase but all my downloads don't work with the error message OL-290-B. I thought maybe one of my bank's servers was down, but it happened on all of my accounts that I tried to download. I am running Quicken 2008 Deluxe Release 7 and Crossover 7.0.

Glen

Quicken 2008 Deluxe installed and so far is running very well under openSuSE 11.0. I just finished downloading from my online bank (uses OFX) and it ran without a hitch. I am using Crossover 7, wireless (Ralink) netcard. I would rate this as Bronze-Silver

I was able to install Quicken 2008 (Crossover 7) on my mac and most things seem to be working. I had to disable the registration per the "tips & tricks" as it wasn't working. Downloading quotes and from institutions is working though. Only outstanding question for me is how to get product updates.

I am using Crossover 7 and Quicken 2008. Using the trick in tips and tricks, I can get stock quote downloads to work, but I do not have any success downloading transactions from my bank or brokerage accounts. Very disappointing.

Everything is still working for me but the application is very slow. The screen seems to refresh mulitple times before letting me get back to work. Any ideas on how to speed things up?

I'm trying to install Quicken 2009 on my Mac but continually get error messages and cannot complete the install. Help!!

1 to 11 of 11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic0I4Y2VRY0diVnlWU3o0cSIsImdkcHIiOjB9