Quicken 2009 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Anyone trying Quicken 2009

Has anyone tried this yet? We are getting errors with install. Purchase knowing it was unsupported.

I've tried Quicken 2009 with Crossover on OS X ( 10.5.5 ). The installer runs properly, but the application does not start up. The error is: "Your Quicken program files (not your data files) may have been damaged. You will need to reinstall quicken."

Things to note:
Windows 2000 bottle
Quicken 2009 Deluxe
Quicken 2009 Deluxe was installed from its downloaded file Quicken_Deluxe_2009.exe
The installer gave me a change to update Quicken after initial install. Updating did not cause the error on startup. Skipping the update did prevent the error on startup.

I have yet to try using different bottles.

Romain,

Have you had any success yet? I posted some screen grabs to ticket 703113. Can not seem to get the repair to fix the problem

I haven't had any more success than previously noted, sadly. It probably depends on a library that CrossOver doesn't provide, or that is out of date or performs differently. I'm not sure how I would go about debugging it, sadly.

I have also tried in in all available bottles. The same error as previously posted occurs in every bottle except teh Vista one. Under Vista, the install occurs normally, but upon app launch, there is no visible response or progress.

I also tried installing Quicken 2009. So far I have not had any success with CxOffice, CxGames, Cx for Mac or Wine. I also tried copying the install from a working Windows version to see if that would make it work. This did not work either.

Wow, this is disheartening...I'm a Quicken 2006 user, and I'm getting the "sunset" dialogs when I start the program.

(Online banking and automated transaction downloads are MUSTS for me.)

Is there ANY hope that Crossover will be able to run Quicken 2009?

I mean, the ability to run Quicken is the ONLY reason I bought Crossover!

Any advice appreciated....

I am sure we will figure out how to get Quicken 2009 to work. It is usually trying to trouble shoot what new features are needed and add them or put in the appropriate stub. This is where the nightly builds become useful. I would recommend advocates start trying them specifically to get Quicken 2009 to work. We have until April before the sunset clause for Quicken 2006 comes into affect. I got the same notice.

Good news. I just tried the latest nightly build and Quicken 2009 Premier works. I will track more results in the Advocate forums. So the next version of cxoffice will include the hooks to make Quicken 2009 work.

After battling the nightly builds on Mac OS X 10.5.6 , it looks like Quicken 2009 also at least launches as of today's nightly (20090128).

Romain Komorn wrote:

After battling the nightly builds on Mac OS X 10.5.6 , it looks like
Quicken 2009 also at least launches as of today's nightly
(20090128).

It does appear to demand that IE 5.5 with 128 bit encryption be installed, as a minimum.

I also get the same error that the application may be damaged, and that I should re-install. Will probably need to get SysInternals out on a Doze box and find out what files it's trying to access. May be possible to work out whether it is a registry, or a dll issue.

Does anyone have any information as to a sensible approach to working out which dlls/calls are causing the problems so the necessary additional hooks can be created?

Information provided courtesy of http://www.anothermouse.com

Jim Johansen wrote:

Good news. I just tried the latest nightly build and Quicken 2009
Premier works. I will track more results in the Advocate forums.
So the next version of cxoffice will include the hooks to make
Quicken 2009 work.

How did it work? I would really like to get Quicken 2009 running on my linux with crossover, but I keep getting the same "reinstall" error that everyone else is getting.

Kelly

You would need to have one of our experimental "nightly" builds (which can be very unstable!) to see Quicken 2009 work. We've put a lot of work into Quicken 2009, and it's installing and running reasonably well in the nightlies. This will be ready for our next release in the second quarter of 2009.

Peter Edmond wrote:

Does anyone have any information as to a sensible approach to
working out which dlls/calls are causing the problems so the
necessary additional hooks can be created?

Well, you can collect a debug log, although interpreting the contents is not necessarily straightforward. Try something like:/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine --verbose --bottle <bottle name> --cx-app quicken

See my post, QW2009. I have it installed and running perfectly on Fedora 10, v8.0.0.

owa

1 to 16 of 16

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieHRidEN1QVd5WXZuTU5GRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9