Quicken 2009 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Performance with Quicken 2009 and CxO

Hi there,

I have tried to use the older version of Quicken (2008) in the past with CxO, but the graphics performance, specifically the constant SLOW screen refreshes make it unusable.

I was told by a very helpful Codeweavers employee that this is likely due the slow implementation of the GDI interface in the current CxO version. Additionally, he said that some people had seen improvements with the recent nightly builds of CxO and Quicken 2009. Has anyone monitoring this forum experienced this themselves? IF so, is it now usable?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Eric

Darkstar7 wrote:

Hi there,

I have tried to use the older version of Quicken (2008) in the past
with CxO, but the graphics performance, specifically the constant
SLOW screen refreshes make it unusable.

I was told by a very helpful Codeweavers employee that this is
likely due the slow implementation of the GDI interface in the
current CxO version. Additionally, he said that some people had
seen improvements with the recent nightly builds of CxO and Quicken

1. Has anyone monitoring this forum experienced this themselves?
    IF so, is it now usable?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Eric

I just tried installing Quicken 2009 (Home & Business) and Crossover detected as a Windows 98 software. On the box it is a Windows XP and because of this detection the software will not completely install because it has been setup as 98 which is not supported in Quicken 2009. Is there any way to change what operating system it is using with the Cross Over software? Thanks in advance!

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeaver's Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

I believe you can change the windows bottle compatiblity on a manage bottle setting. I've done it before, but I don't have my linux computer near at the moment to check. Try manage bottles, see if there is a setting there. Did you try it with the new alpha release? or with the old one?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWGNjQjd1d0Z6ZVFIVjRrayIsImdkcHIiOjB9