Quicken 2009 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

QW2009

I have QW2009 installed and running without any problems, so far. Auto updates work, no obvious sluggishness observed when doing stuff, and so far, no annoying failure to completely shut down when exiting from program.

owa

Since posting this, I have imported data from QW98 and converted it to QW2009 format. Pretty intensive activity for the program, and with 1G of ram, no swap space used at all, and I was able to multi-task, doing OpenOffice stuff, Thunderbird email, and looking up some stuff on the web via Seamonkey. No problems at all with QW2009 during this phase. Next, I did One Step Update, after setting up my bank for it, and went through the rather lengthy reconcile of 6 months of activity since the last complete reconcile. Since I habitually check with the bank daily, and keep Quicken updated daily, I've pretty much ignored the monthly reconcile routine. But, I wanted to start off with a completely reconciled setup. Again, not a hitch.
Next, I set up all our other bills and accounts. Then I used the money analysis features of the program to show our money usage, built graphs, printed reports, and even scanned in some receipts I wanted a digital copy of, from our HP C4240 All-In-One.
Every feature that I used worked as expected, with no sluggishness that I could tell, and no problems.
I should mention that this program ONLY works on crossover v8.0. I could NOT get it to work at all on any previous version.
I had originally rated Quicken Deluxe 2009 as Silver. I will upgrade that assessment to Gold.
Works fine. Lasts a long time. Won't rust, bust, corrode, explode, crack, chip, peel, or otherwise harm the finish. Won't run in the wash. Won't bag in the knees. And, it remains energized in the pissed-off condition!! (the above sounds best if read aloud as fast as your tongue will allow.)

owa

Has anyone tried this on Crossover for Mac, v8?

I'm using Crossover 8 on a unibody Macbook Pro and Quicken 2009 w/ the latest update (available here for manual updating: http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/using-quicken/patches-and-updates/7154.html) is working excellent. Before I patched to the latest update it was crashing almost every time it updated and experiencing other quirkiness. I've ran into a few small graphical anomalies, such as the fonts not fitting quite right, but no show stoppers or any crashes since the update to R7. If stability continues this way through the eval period (I'm only 3 days into using quicken daily for 20+ minutes) I'll be ditching my Parallels VM for Quicken use.

So, Alan, How did you get around or install the High Encryption Pack in order to get the "Update Transactions" or "Online Registration" to work? Each time I try it it says that I must have IE 5.5 w/ 128 bit encryption. The bottle created a Windows 2000 environment with IE 6 that shows Cypher level of 0.

I just began using Crossover 8 and added QW2009 downloaded from their web site. It downloaded great. When I first initiated QW2009, I had an error message from Crossover and QW2009 stopped loading. I added a new bottle however, from the one originally set up by Crossover (it was labeled Windows 2000) and now QW2009 is working very well in the second bottle. Not sure what happened with the original bottle. I am also experiencing some minor font issues as described in an earlier posting , but nothing that cannot be easily ignored and so far there has been no other issues or problems. The program works quickly and efficiently and hooks up to my banks well. I will continue to play around with the reports and budgeting sections if all works fine, I will also ditch Parallels.

I just installed Crossover and Quicken 2009 yesterday - all went well but I cannot import my data from Quicken 2008 on the PC - 16 years worth of data that started on a Mac then went to a PC (at my husband's insistence). I used a new cd to back up so there's only one set of data but when trying to access it as I set up Quicken, it tells me it can't be found although the disk shows on my desktop. I'm not a sophisticated techie so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have been using Quicken Premier 9 via Crossover fairly well since last year sometime (on a Macbook Pro). I have a pretty large data file, so I'm used to the application quitting on me during updates on a PC - frankly, Quicken is a resource hog to the Nth degree (regardless of the data file size). The fact that WINE whines about it doesn't surprise me at all.

However, I just upgraded to Crossover 9.0 and spent a good part of the day today running updates on my accounts. Several times during these updates, Quicken crashed on me, necessitating a forced quit of Crossover and a restart of the application to try again. Eventually, I was able to update my accounts by doing it a couple at a time. I'm concerned about the stability of Quicken on the WINE platform right now. I'm hoping that this gets better because my only other option is to install the application on my netbook (ugh!).

(I purchased Crossover specifically for the ability to run Quicken and wouldn't have bothered if Intuit would just keep their Mac version of the software up to par with the PC version.)

Chris, did you solve the IE 5.5 w/ 128 bit encryption problem? I'm having the same exact problem.
Thanks!
Angela

I'm running Quicken 2009 under rc 9.1.0 for Mac and I too cannot get around the IE 5.5 128 it error message. The rest of the application is working very well, the best of any release to date.

David

Two thoughts:

1) The registration bug (which I believe is the same as the IE5.5 error) is dumb but has an easy workaround: http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/CXOffice70_Quicken2007RegisterFails

2) I run Quicken 2010 frequently, and it works much better in 9.1.0 than in 9.0.0. So, y'all might benefit from an upgrade.

-Andrew

In case it's any help, I've just installed Quicken 2004 UK version (the last one available in UK form) - it was the first thing I tried on the demo version of CrossOver. It installed and works fine, although I haven't tried every feature yet.

I have CrossOver 9.1.0 and I didn't need to do anything special, it just worked. Marvellous!

I just upgraded my machine to Ubuntu 10.10 and installed CrossOver Pro 9.2.0 and Quicken Premier 2009 via C4P. Installation went fine, program works reasonably well, performance is pretty good (definitely better than under 9.0.0), but many of the buttons show up as dark gray text on a black background. I've tried changing themes in Ubuntu, and changing the color scheme within Quicken, but can't find anything that seems to make any difference. Any suggestions?

1 to 12 of 12

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ3ptRUJTTjdFellld2EyOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9