Quicken 2010 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2010 fails to start when upgrade window displays

I have been running Quicken 2010 on my iMac without any problems for a year. I upgraded to Mountain Lion a few months ago.

I ran quicken yesterday for the first time with Mountain Lion without any problems for a few hours and doing many different tasks. It then locked up (I can't remember what I was doing). When I restarted the program a window now pops up asking if I want to upgrade to Quicken 2013, and no matter which button I click (no thanks, remind me later or learn more) I get this error message from Crossover: "The program qw.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Below, it says "This can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in Wine."

I saved the error details if anyone wants them. I have tried restarting crossover and rebooting. The only other thing I know to do now is delete the bottle and reinstall the program, but I am afraid I will lose my data so I am hesitant to try it. Is there any thing else I can try?

I was able to fix the problem:

I confirmed that crossover stores data files outside of the bottle under documents.
Deleted the bottle and reinstalled the application, and it is working fine now. The upgrade reminder window opened, but I was able to uncheck "remind me later" and close the window, and Quicken started normally.

Upgrading the Mountain Lion must have changed something that a reinstall fixed.

Click the red close button in the top-left of the dialog window. That'll close the promo without causing Quicken to crash or freeze.

We're looking into why this one dialog window is causing so much trouble and we hope to have it fixed in the next update of Crossover.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid2FQcVpKclZWc01na2FxSyIsImdkcHIiOjB9