Quicken 2010 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2010 Premier - Runs, but changing views is *very* slow

With a clean install of Crossover Office 8.0 on a clean install of Ubuntu 9.10, I used Crossover to install .NET 2.0 first. (Unfortunately, Quicken 2010 requires .NET, unlike Quicken 2009.) Then I selected plain old "Quicken" from Crossover's app installation menu (or rather, Crossover detected the install CD and selected it for me!), I selected the bottle I had installed .NET into, and I installed the app from the CD. During installation there were quite a few "Out of memory" error boxes popped up by Quicken - I just clicked "Okay" on each one and installation proceeded. When the app was done installing and automatically updating itself, I chose not to "Start Quicken" and instead I let Crossover simulate a reboot. Then I started the app, and opened a Quicken 2009 file, which it successfully converted and validated in the 2010 format. The app opened to the new Quicken front page, and it looked fine. Along the top are the usual tabs - Home, Bills, Banking, Investing, Net Worth, Planning. However, clicking on any of the tabs to change to a new view causes CPU utilization to spike (on my PC, it goes up to over 60%) and it says there for literally minutes before the view changes. The program isn't frozen, it's just really slow. So if this speed issue can get fixed, I'd give it a Silver (still some small cosmetic issues here and there, and you have to know to install .NET through Crossover, and not let the Quicken installer do it for you - I tried it that way, and it doesn't work). But as it is, it gets a bronze - it installs and it doesn't crash, but it's far too slow to be usable. (Note, these are much better results than I got with the current Wine and .NET installed through winetricks - I got the program installed but it couldn't even finish converting my Quicken 2009 file.)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR05HUVA0VTQ0VDZGNXF0NyIsImdkcHIiOjB9