Quicken 2010 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Encountering lots of crashes Quicken 2010

I installed Crossover 9 and Quicken 2010 (using the automatic install). No errors were reported. Conversion of my data file took about 7 minutes on a 12GB, 3GHz, Mac Pro Quad - it appeared to be using all 4 cores. My data was correct and I immediately killed the registration prompt. While normal operation seems pretty much OK (including check printing), it seems that there is a problem which has something to do with "daughter windows"(pop-ups like the One Step Update). I have encountered very frequent crashes (qw.exe has encountered a very serious problem and needs to close). This locks up Crossover as well and I need to quit both manually. My data files may lose some updates (and preferences like sounds and enter to move from field to field seem not to stick) but I have not encountered any damage from the crashes. I have, so far, not encountered any crashes without a pop-up window being present. FWIW, I have filed a bug report - Ticket 787016.

I am encountering a similar problem, but have found that in some cases the "daughter window" will still respond to the keyboard but not the mouse. For instance, clicking on the Next button will not work, but typing alt-n will work. I have been able to maneuver around a few windows just by using alt with the underlined letter on the button I wish to use. Still a bug, but at least it gets me a little further into the process before I have to kill the bottle.

moved post to "can't open data file" thread... bug 6259

The same exact thing is happening to my quicken 2010.....any fixes yet?

I was running smoothly until I installed OS X 10.6.3 and now have frequent crashes in register. Pop-up windows are not a factor for me.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ1h3U25FWkhMVWhiNjhSNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9