Quicken 2010 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2010 can't open files

I just installed crossover Mac 9 and then installed Quicken 2010 into it. That all went fine, but I can't open any Quicken backup or data files. They are in my home directory on the Mac so I have read access to them on the Mac. Quicken gives me the error: "Quicken is unable to open the data file c:\users\crossover\Quicken\filename.QDF For assistance, contact customer Support. Choose Help menu > Product and Customer Support. Any suggestions?

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

I am having the exact same problem as beirne. I'm still using the trial version of crossover Mac 9. Didn't want to buy it until I was certain it would work. Quicken 2010 is working great on my husband's PC but also wanted to use it on my Mac laptop. Can anyone help?

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

This is a known issue in CrossOver that we are working to quickly resolve. We hope to have some news on it very soon. If you are experiencing this problem, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com and reference bug number 6259.

Our apologies for any inconvenience.

Thank you Caron for your response and suggestion. I couldn't submit a ticket since I have not yet purchased CrossOver Mac. I will purchase it if I can get Quicken 2010 to work. So for the time being, I sent a email to info@codeweavers.com. jnine

I am experiencing the same issue. Sent an email to support since I'm using a trial version of Crossover. When this gets fixed I will buy it in a flash. Just converting to Mac from PC and Quicken is the only essential Windows app I have. I really don't want to run Parallels and install Window to run Quicken!

Thanks

Sam

I just installed crossover Mac 9 pro and then installed Quicken 2010 into it. That all went fine, but I can't open any Quicken backup or data files. They are in my home directory on the Mac so I have read access to them on the Mac. Quicken gives me the error: "Quicken is unable to open the data file c:\users\crossover\Quicken\filename.QDF For assistance, contact customer Support. Choose Help menu > Product and Customer Support. Any suggestions?

I am running Parallels and Windows 7 on my IMac. I installed Quicken 2010, and I converted my files from 09 (that went OK), and now Quicken will not open the files. "Quicken cannot open this file." Are there any updates on fixes to this issue?

I am having the same problem. I was using Quicken 2007 fine with crossover. Got Quicken 2010 today. Installed fine. It could not open my Quicken 2007 file. It hung up in the conversion process. Went ahead and installed Quicken 2010 on old PC, converted file and tried to open with Crossover on MAC. Error says can't save file.

CrossOver version 9.0.1 contains a few fixes for importing files into Quicken 2010. Are you already running 9.0.1?

I am using 9.0.1 and having the same problem as everyone else. Any ideas on when the fix will released?
Thanks

UPDATE - I let my conversion run overnight and it actually completed by morning, just took hours. Seems to be working fine now.

I have the full version of crossover. I installed Quicken 2010 and after a few minutes it freezes up. I have to exit crossover and restart quicken. I have already upgraded to the newest version of crossover. Also while quicken is running all my categories keep disappearing. I keep re-installing them but they just keep disappearing??

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

I have a similar experience with the conversion. Finally worked, on the third try. Still cannot get the converted file to open.

1 to 12 of 12

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWU1yd0E0Y0ZWeU1mNFZKcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9