Quicken 2011 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

.NET problem

I installed Quicken 2011 plus the IE7 and .NET 3.0 as suggested in the tips. I also bypassed the 'Registration'.

There is a problem with the .NET not being recognized. Debug brings a patch program from Microsoft, 'dotnet3fx.exe' but I can't get it installed.

Programs run ok. When I try to Tools/One-Step Update, the programs crashes. 'Problem with qw.exe' (another .NET problem).

Looking at the bottles, it shows the following programs: IE7; .NET 2.0; Quicken 2011 and winxp (which is stuckin the initializing phase).

There is obviously an operator error here. Any suggestions to getting the .NET fixed so I can get Update working?

I had a similar problem. I don't know if this will work for you, but it's what I did:

1. deleted old quicken related bottles
  2. downloaded update of crossover
  3. installed Quicken 2011 using "crosstie" utility, but did not run Quicken
  4. installed IE7
  5. ran IE7 and saved settings on opening screen
  6. ran Quicken
  7. bypassed registration

after doing this, quicken runs fine, I avoided the .net problem -- which I had experienced several times. I update my stocks and bank accounts, without issue.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQUFGRTg3NFc3RlZaYU1aRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9