Quicken 2011 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

missing data after Crossover and Quicken update

I was having trouble with Quicken 2004, and couldn't find the disc to reload it; so I purchased Quicken 2011 CD and installed it. Before I did that, I updated Crossover to version 10.0.3. Anyhow, when I got Quicken 2011 up and running, I realized that I was missing the last year and a half of data. I'm not sure if this was the fault of the Quicken install or the Crossover install.

I'd recommend you try two things. First, try reimporting ... sometimes, it works the second try. But be very patient. It can be slow.

Second, you may need to contact quicken, or examine their blogs and forums for others importing from 2004 to 2011 ... that's a long gap between upgrades, and there may be some conversion issues driven purely by that gap.

I figured out what happened. When I loaded the software, it looked for existing Quicken files. The one it found was an old back up file, instead of the current working file. I found the working file and opened that one; it seems to run fine now. One question however: during the installation of Quicken 2011, Crossover started a new bottle named Quicken 2011. But when i went back to the working data file, it was in the bottle Quicken 2004. That's where it remains, even after being loaded into the new version of Quicken (with some changes to conform to the new software). Should I move this data file back to the Quicken 2011 bottle, or doesn't it matter?

The file SHOULD (please note the should, as I really have no way to confirm the setup on your system) be outside of both of your bottles. You should be able to locate them by going to Finder and opening a new Finder window.

Then, go to your Home User (should have a house next to your user name), find the folder titled 'Documents' and in that folder should be a folder titled 'Quicken'. The Quicken folder should contain all of your Quicken backup files.

My point, you should be able to remove the Quicken 2004 bottle without losing that data (and if you're concerned, locating the folder above and moving it out of the way while you delete the Quicken 2004 bottle will keep it safe. Then, you can just move it back).

My Quicken 2011 is acting very sluggish. It takes time to do anything. I wondered if I may have made a mistake in loading it onto the computer. Or maybe the file has gotten too large? (But I didn't have this problem a short time ago while using Quicken 2004 (with Crossover)). When I loaded Quicken 2011 using Crossover, it created a bottle "Quicken 2011" and put the program files there. Quicken searched my computer for Quicken files and found the file stored in the Quicken 2004 bottle. It used that data and kept its location where it was, in the Quicken 2004 bottle. Is it a problem to store the financial data in a different bottle than where the program files reside? Could that be the source of the program sluggishness?

Quicken 2011 is running very sluggish for us, too. We are running OSX Lion 10.7.2 on a Mac with 4GB RAM and a 750 GB HD. Everything else is quite zippy, except for Quicken 2011. Crossover 10.1.1 starts up and stops quickly, so I don't think that is the problem directly, unless there is something about the Lion platform that Quicken does not like.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVjVGeXFWY2huSlNnOXZtQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9