Quicken 2011 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2012

I hope somebody can offer some suggestions. I'm moving from Mac Quicken 2007 and hoping that Quicken on Crossover will be a solution, letting me upgrade to OSX-Lion. I see that Q2011 gets a silver medal and has a Crosstie installer. But the stores are carrying Quicken 2012 now and I'd prefer to use that. Is there any info on it yet? And how hard would it be to set up, given that there seems to be no cross tie support.

Many thanks,
Steve

Steve,
With each new release of Quicken, there seem to be minor tweaks that are required to get the install to work correctly. Granted, with each new release, the number of tweaks seems to get smaller and smaller.

Right now, I've seen no record of anyone trying install Quicken 2012. It would certainly be reasonable to use the crosstie for 2011 and then just use Quicken 2012 as the source for the program. It might work.

If you decide to try it, please report on your success here. We'd all like to know

I will, for sure. I assume that crosstie requires the Quicken DVD, correct? And it asks you to insert it at the appropriate time?

Steve

That's correct, Steve

Okay, I bought and installed Quicken 2012 this afternoon. I told Crossover that I was installing Quicken 2011 -- and -- it worked. It installed and it runs.

But -- there's a problem. Quicken Windows interprets all years as "19". So anything that happened in 20xx is interpreted as 19xx.

Quicken recommends making sure that the "short" date format, in both the Mac and Windows control panels, are set to display 4-digit years. I did this on the Mac. But how do I do it in Crossover? There's no control panel.

Steve

Cancel that last question -- it was a problem on the Mac side. For those who are encountering this, you have to go to System Preferences > Language and Text > Formats > Customize Dates

And then set the short date to 01/05/2011 -- two digit day and month, four digit year.

And then, for good measure, I restarted the system.

After that, the QIF I exported from Quicken Mac contained four-digit years (you can check it with a text editor). And Quicken Windows imported the years correctly.

I am working through other conversion problems now. But that one is solved.

Steve

Oops -- now I have a really dumb question.

Quicken is creating and opening a data file. I've now got several -- and only one that's good. How do I find the files and delete the ones I don't want?

Many Thanks --

Steve

Well, I'm answering my own questions here, but if anybody else has the same dumb question ...

The Quicken data files are here: Home > Documents > Quicken.

Quicken's automatically generated backups are in the same folder.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for following up on your own questions. Even if you don't get direct responses, threads like this help many others. Keep us posted on your progress.

-Mike

Trying a fresh install of Quicken 2012 using Crossover. I'm running Leopard on my MacBook Pro. Tried unsupported programs and Quicken 2011 bottles to install. Unsupported installs the program but it won't open, 2011 won't install the program. I don't have windows internet explorer installed, do I need that? Looking for options to make this work before I scrap the whole thing. Thanks

Steve Cohen successfully installed Quicken 2012, using the crosstie file for Quicken 2011. I'd follow that path, rather than using the "unsupported program" route. There are some supporting programs which need to be installed to make Quicken work. And the unsupported program route does not address those.

David

I tried that, the installation just shuts down half way through. How does the install update the program if I don't have windows internet access?

Other than suggesting to be sure you're starting with a new bottle, the problem is beyond me.

I had similar problems to Guy Morgan.

If you use the Quicken 2011 crosstie file, the installation quits after the .NET component but before Quicken itself. I chose "skip" which basically ended the installation process but successfully installed the bottle and everything else BUT Quicken.

Seems it did not like the path to the installer package. It was searching for the download link (I purchased from Amazon.com) and even loaded an Amazon login page in my browser. That's where it hung. So I "skipped" and finished the failed install and then logged in to Amazon and re-downloaded the file. I left the installer file in my download folder this time.

I then attempted to re-install all over again. Chose Quicken 2011 crosstie file. Selected the existing bottle from the first attempt. Worked.

Hope that helps.

Paul Travaglino wrote:

I had similar problems to Guy Morgan.

If you use the Quicken 2011 crosstie file, the installation quits
after the .NET component but before Quicken itself.
<snip>

I have been able to successfully install Quicken AFTER separately installing .NET 2.0 from Crossover itself. THEN... using the crosstie file, Quicken install proceeds quickly and normally thereafter.

1 to 15 of 15

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV3NnUmRLWjNkYjhlTDc5VCIsImdkcHIiOjB9