Quicken 2011 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2011 install

I tried installing Quicken 2011 Premiere using Crosstie. I received error messages saying Ariel font was not installed and .NeT 2.0 was not installed. Quicken 2011 was apparently installed. When attempting to run the opening screen flashes and it then crashes.

I tried installing using the new bottle/IE 7.0/.NET method, but IE wouldn't install and neither would .NET.

I have the error logs, but they are huge.

I am using Crossover 10.2.0 on a Power Mac running OS 10.7.2. (I also tried installing it running under OS 10.6.8)

Hi...

....if you cannot install .NET and/or IE7 into a new bottle,
something is seriously wrong.... I would guess at a network
problem...ie; your host machine is behind a firewall and/or
otherwise cannot contact the microsoft site to download those files...

...else, your network connection broke while the files were being
downloaded in your first attempt, and, your installer cache may
be polluted with these corrupted downloads. If this is the case,
you will need to delete those files in the installer cache ..

~/Library/Application Support/Crossover/installers

...delete any installers in that directory and retry the operation
of creating a new bottle and trying to install IE7/.NET ; if that
works, likely the crosstie will work as well...

...hope this helps...

Cheers!

For some strange reason IE7's installer tends to get corrupted very easily. This has happened to me multiple times. Don's solution of clearing the installer folder would be the first thing to check in my opinion.

I tried installing with the Mac Firewall turned off with the same results. This was after purging the Installs in ~/Library/Crossover/Installs. Same errors.

I also tried installing .NET itself alone in a bottle with no success.

I tried installing IE 7 in a new bottle after deleting the previous bottles and purging the Installs. I received numerous font errors and a failure to install IE 7 message also

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTVJOdm53cHlaa1RndlpVSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9