Quicken 2011 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

One Step Stuck "Updating financial institution information"

I have been using Quicken 2011 for 8 months under CrossOver with no problems; but during the past week, the "One Step Update" keeps spinning on "Updating financial institution information...".

I haven't made any changes to either program, and my OS version hasn't changed. I have done the registration trick mentioned in "Tips & Tricks", but to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking my next step should be to remove the One Step info on the account and re-activate it. I use Wells Fargo.

I use Wells Fargo, as well. And I have also been have trouble recently. My successful solution was to reboot my computer and then, first thing, re-open Quicken and run One Step Update. It has worked every time, but does not explain why the problem occurs.

Thank you David! I had tried various methods of figuring this one out, but starting it first thing didn't occur to me. That worked. Now, I put my computer to sleep after an hour of inactivity, and while I never leave Quicken open during a sleep period (I'm justifiably paranoid with my Quicken data), I have left Crossover open. I wonder if that has something to do with it. Do you put your computer to sleep?

Thank you again for the suggestion. Whew! 😊

My computer does, routinely, go to sleep. And that could contribute to the issue ... a bit too technical for me.

I just installed Quicken 2011 Premier R8 this morning. Tried One-Step Update first thing. It got stuck. The Mac hadn't had time to go to sleep. The timer symbol was still rotating so it wasn't locked up altogether. Is that true for you too?

I went off to do some other things and left it sitting for 10-15 minutes. The update had completed normally when I got back. How long have you waited?

I also use Wells Fargo. I just tried One Step Update again but deselected all the institutions in the One Step Update window except a credit union. Did not take as long but still pretty slow - 2 minutes? I don't know if Quicken only retrieves data for the financial institutions that are selected or for all that have direct connect enabled but maybe it's not related to Wells Fargo.

I'm just in the process of moving from a Windows PC to a Mac. I'm not sure but think I vaguely recall an Update on the Windows PC got similarly stuck a week or so ago. I didn't notice whether the timer was revolving. I just thought it was a typical Windows hiccup, rebooted and Update worked normally. Anyhow, it may not just be a Mac problem.

Since you just installed it, be sure you have IE installed in the same bottle. This is a common issue at the time of install.

Yesterday, I installed the latest update to OS X from Apple, and this problem disappeared. Not sure what made the difference, just reporting the facts.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiczVIOXdadGt1WXhGZ0VyUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9