Quicken 2011 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2012 install from file failed

I just switched from Windows to LinuxMint and need to install Quicken 2012. I had originally installed in the Wine directory, but no joy. I am currently demo-ing CrossOver with high hopes of purchasing it. I have installed CrossOver and then did the compatibility check and tried to install via CrossTie. The difficulty comes when the installation menu asks for either an Installer File or Folder.

The installer file is Quicken, but the Quicken installation fails with a statement of an error occurred with 'AIEInsertMedia(Quicken 2012)' task: "Unable to find an installer in '/home/larry/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/Quicken' It does create the bottle and install the other needed programs install correctly (Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable, TrueType font: Arial, Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0).

I have tried to select the installation program, which for a downloaded program is qw.exe, but the install fails with an error message of "An error occurred while installing Quicken 2012: The installer has exited but Quicken 2012 does not seem to be installed."

I am not given the choice of downloading the file directly from Intuit.

While it may not be relevant, I should note in the middle of the process, just before the Quick Installation fails, a registration screen comes up. As this is a Demo, I have tried the Try button, and then the installation immediately fails. If I try the register button, the program tells that my time for updates has passed and to get a new license. Then the installation fails.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I am new to Linux, so I feel that I am missing things that are obvious.

Thanks.

Larry

Larry Walsh wrote:

I just switched from Windows to LinuxMint and need to install
Quicken 2012. I had originally installed in the Wine directory, but
no joy. I am currently demo-ing CrossOver with high hopes of
purchasing it. I have installed CrossOver and then did the
compatibility check and tried to install via CrossTie. The
difficulty comes when the installation menu asks for either an
Installer File or Folder.

The installer file is Quicken, but the Quicken installation fails
with a statement of an error occurred with 'AIEInsertMedia(Quicken
2012)' task: "Unable to find an installer in
'/home/larry/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/Quicken' It does
create the bottle and install the other needed programs install
correctly (Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable, TrueType font:
Arial, Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0).

I have tried to select the installation program, which for a
downloaded program is qw.exe, but the install fails with an error
message of "An error occurred while installing Quicken 2012: The
installer has exited but Quicken 2012 does not seem to be
installed."

I am not given the choice of downloading the file directly from
Intuit.

While it may not be relevant, I should note in the middle of the
process, just before the Quick Installation fails, a registration
screen comes up. As this is a Demo, I have tried the Try button, and
then the installation immediately fails. If I try the register
button, the program tells that my time for updates has passed and to
get a new license. Then the installation fails.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I am new to Linux, so I feel that I am
missing things that are obvious.

Thanks.

Larry

I have not seen the error you are encountering with Quicken 2012, have you downloaded the installer for Quicken 2012 directly from their (Intuit's) website or have you inserted a Quicken 2012 cd?

Caron,

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded Quicken 2012 directly from Intuit.

I resolved the installation problem. I erased the program and the various bottles and started again with a fresh download of Quicken, and sure enough I found the new set-up file I needed.

Now the problem is that I get to the second screen when the program crashes the system. Further, my LinuxMint ystem says that it is being launched by Wine, despite the fact that I went into the file and created a launch with CrossOver connection. Argh! No wonder that Quicken is not supported.

As this is a separate problem, I an going to close this thread, continue my search on the forum, and then perhaps start a new thread.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicEZrWDVmSk41UE1mV0ZhQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9