Quicken 2011 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2011 crashing past week

Running OS X 10.8.2 and my Quicken 2011 has been crashing the past week and I get message that says I have a problem with wine. Anybody else have this problem? Any fixes? I have codeweavers version 12. My friend is also having the same problem with the same software(s).

Same problem here with crashing. Have reinstalled Quicken 2011 several times, even tried a complete new bottle. Cannot stop the crashing. But then sometimes it runs ok for the intended session.

Also the ad for upgrading to Quicken 2013 comes up from time to time. It sometimes can be removed by clicking on the red ball in the dialog box, but more often I find this pop-up ad freezes Quicken and requires a forced quit of CrossOver.

For now, I don't find 2011 worthy of the Silver, but it used to be OK.

I'm having the same crashing (no set pattern) problem. Wondering if the "2013 upgrade available" and the crashing are related.

There is a work-around described in this support ticket: http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?ticket_id=928104

I've tried all of the recommendations. They work for a while, but then the problem returns. 2011 was working just fine for me with CrossOver 12 until the 2013 pop up started showing up.

Anyone found the recommendations work for them?

Trying everything, I booted Lion on an external drive (image) and ran Quicken 2011 with CrossOver 11.2. Restored my data from a thumb drive and everything worked without any problem during a test lasting about 40 minutes. Did most everything in Quicken I would normally do including running reports, updates, etc.

So between CrossOver 11.2 and 12 and Lion and Mountain Lion Quicken seems to have gotten into or caused trouble. Not a scientific analysis by any means, but maybe a temporary solution while things get straightened out.

I don't remember what running CrossOver 11.2 on Mountain Lion was like, but I did have problems with printing from efax until 12.0

I hope this gets fixed fast.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSGdCem5KdnNjdUxCaFV2dCIsImdkcHIiOjB9