Quicken 2012 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Bank of America One step update = crash

I recently upgraded from crossover 10 to 11 and quicken 2010 to 2012.
When I try to set up the one step update with Bank of America I get as far as "add checking account" window and then I select BofA from the list. I hit next and get a long hour glass that eventually results in a "Quicken Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close..." followed by the "program qw.exe a serious problem and needs to close...."
Anyone managed to make this connection work?
The update works fine with my other accounts.

I think I've had a similar problem when setting up new accounts. Could you please try repeating the steps a few more times and see if it eventually works?

I am experiencing the same problem - only with Bank of America. I have tried deactivating the electronic services on the existing account and re-establishing them, as well as just trying to setup a completely new account, and I have tried both of these methods several times. Regardless, the connection to Bank of America is successful, it identifies my credit card account correctly and allows me to either connect it to an existing account or setup a new account in Quicken. Then it tries to start downloading the actual transaction data and crashes Quicken every time. Please help! Seems to be tied to the new version of Crossover - this worked fine before I upgraded.

Note also that QIF file download is not an option for credit card accounts in Quicken, so I have no alternative for getting the transactions loaded into Quicken.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNEZuWVF2WGZydFBtdWtONyIsImdkcHIiOjB9