Quicken 2012 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Install on Mac with Crossover 11.0.2-Works Well

Installed on my mac (Lion) a couple of different ways - tried through cross over, ended up with difficulties installing internet explorer and the installation crashed. Came to the website and used the crosstie to install. Went smoothly, although IE again did not install. This does not seem to be necessary - there is an internal browser, and the program seems to co-opt your browser when needed.

The program runs quite well, better in my experience than Q2009 did. There are some minor graphics bugs, with some ampersands appearing in some of the action buttons, and some instances of slow window resizing. However, seems that there are no major functional limitations or crashes. Was able to create budgets, reports, etc. without incident. I would give this a gold overall.

Will post if any quirks discovered along the way..

H

Could you please describe in further detail what issues did you face during the Internet Explorer install?

IE simply did not install. it did not seem to be a problem so I did not delete and try again.

One issue that I have noticed now after using for a few weeks is that none of the sounds are heard! I kind of liked the little "ka-ching" when a transaction was entered. Other than that and some errant ampersands, not much to complain about..

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVldYVVRSR01rZVAzZDhjSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9