Quicken 2012 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2012, Crossover 11.02, Mac OSX 10.7 Lion: not working well

Downloaded Quicken 2012 Deluxe from Amazon.

Used Crosstie installer off of Codeweaver's website. Last nite, the downloaded versions of Quicken and IE6 were corrupt, installation failed. I deleted that bottle, tried again today.

This time I got clean downloads and installation of everything occurred with zero problems (using crosstie). Quicken updated itself and I was able to register the product.

However, Quicken repetitively crashes upon selecting my bank. It's listed, however Quicken freezes when I select the bank and click 'next'. After a few minutes I got a crash notification and Quicken closed. Relaunched it, tried to used the 'advanced' method for selecting the bank, same results.

I've mentioned this in another forum post, but I think I've had a similar problem when setting up new accounts. Could you please try repeating the steps a few more times and see if it eventually works? I believe the hand is able to resolve itself after a few iterations.

I'm on the 10th repetition of trying to select my bank. I restarted Crossover after the 6th attempt. I've tried clicking on the bank name in the "All Results" list after searching for it successfully. However, regardless of clicking on the bank or highlighting the bank and clicking 'Next', the results are the same. A minute pause, then a pop-up stating "Quicken Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close".

What next?

That's unfortunate, my issue showed similar signs. and was able to resolve itself. I think it's best to submit a support ticket regarding this issue. I believe Quicken 2012 is official supported by CodeWeavers, so they should be able to help you out with the process. You'll probably want to follow the instructions here to submit a log along with your ticket:

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/submittechsupportlog

Just to verify, did you use the CrossTie process to install Quicken 2012?

Thank you for your suggestions! I appreciate your helpfulness. I've submitted a ticket, I'll post back if I have a resolution.

Following up on a few loose ends:

• I did install using the official Codeweaver's Quicken 2012 Crosstie.
  • I did register the Quicken 2012 Deluxe successfully. I saw some other forum posts stating this couldn't be done, but it worked for me.

Thanks again for the assistance

Great thanks for the details. Yes, I have the Canadian version of Quicken 2012 and after IE was added to the CrossTie I too was able to register without any issues.

Looking forward to updates on the ticket!

Hello Guarev,

This is a variant of your suggestion as provided by one of the Crossover pro's. Please note that my original hang was occurring at step (e). The pro told me to create the log file (he gave me the same link you did up above). Note: the default location for the log file is inside the crossover bottle. I could not find a way to navigate back to it using Finder in OSX Lion. I was able to find it with Wine Explorer. Can't remember how I stumbled upon that one. Therefore, when selecting the save destination, I'd recommend navigating up to the Mac Desktop for the save location.

(a) From the Crossover toolbar, select Programs, select "Run Command" at the bottom. Navigate to the Quicken install location, scroll down to qw.exe and select it.
(b) in the next window, I checked "Create Log File"
(c) I selected +relay, +seh, and +tid
(d) I added to "other": +wininet
(e) I ran the command, added my bank successfully, clicked next, next screen popped up
(f) I entered my user id and password, clicked next, Quicken hung
(g) I right clicked on the Crossover icon in the bottom toolbar tray, selected "Quit"
(h) The dialog box opened for 'the program is trying to force a reboot but isn't responding'
(i) I selected the 'terminate process'
(j) Crossover closed
(k) I reopened Crossover
(l) I started Quicken with the normal program icon
(m) Started from step (a), it now works correctly (meaning it did not hang at step f)

Please note the Guarev's suggestion to try that a couple times is valid, it worked on the 3rd try for me.
PS.. delete the logfile if you don't send it to crossover... mine was 1.5 GIG's. Huge! Even compressed it was 25 meg!

Best wishes to the next aggravated soul,

Dave

I had been running Virtual Box in order to run Quicken Home and Business (2009). While installing 2012 in my Win7 VM, the OS stopped working correctly (can't get out of safe mode) so i decided to try Crossover. I'm on the latest Mac OS Lion on an iMac with 4Gb of memory. Used the default quicken 2012 Crossover installation process with zero problems - quicken home and business 2012 started up and converted my 2009 data file. However i have the same symptom as described here when trying to set up online banking for one of my accounts - quicken crashes.

One question: the default OS that Codeweavers uses for this app is winxp - has anyone tried using Win7? Just wondering if it would be more stable - it is a better OS, i think...

Another question - i'm seeing a few issues with fonts in Quicken - text sometimes gets cut off or overlaps in the dialog boxes (e.g. the Help/About screen). Is there a solution for this?

thanks for any suggestions.

Don

It seems that the crash/hang has been resolved in CrossOver 11.0.3 as per the ChangeLog and also my testing. Hopefully it resolves the issue on your side as well.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoielFKa3lDeFNkbnBBSlRZSCIsImdkcHIiOjB9