Quicken 2012 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Lion + 11.x + Quicken 2012 Deluxe = no Online Updates

Quicken 2012 runs extremely well on 10.0.2 / Mac. When 11.0 first released, I installed it.... and Quicken lost the ability to connect to -all- bank servers. It seemed like the virtualized network drivers were broken. I backed-off to 10.0.2 and all worked well again.

After 11.0.3 announced, I tried again. The 'upgrade' again broke network functions in Quicken. Tried installing into a new bottle using Crosstie - no joy. Again, I reverted to 10.0.2 and Quicken is once again stable.

Am I hitting a known issue?

Crossover 11.03 should clear this up and get Quicken 2012 connecting again. I'd try moving (your home folder)/Library/Application Support/Crossover someplace safe and then deleting the files/folders listed on http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/uninstall to completely reset Crossover.

Then fire up Crossover 11.03 again, register, and when you install Quicken 2012 again it'll be a brand new install and not an upgrade. Should work after that.

Thanks for the input.... but it didn't work.

I created an archive folder on my desktop, and within it there is a directory tree locating the directories and files related to Crossover. So I've got
/Users/john/Desktop/Crossover/Applications/CrossOver.app
/Users/john/Desktop/Crossover/Users/john/Applications/Crossover/Quicken 2012/Quicken 2012.app
/Users/john/Desktop/Crossover/Users/john/Library/Preferences/com.codeweavers.CrossOver.plist
and so on. Complete backup including caches and Wine Files folder tree

Then followed the manual uninstall instructions exactly as written, deleted all of the originals I'd saved (above).

Download/install 11.0.3; then installed Quicken 2012 using the recommended settings (new xp bottle, etc).

Quicken runs. One Step Update is crazy. Quotes download (19 quotes) and Historical prices (16 of 25 symbols) and shows the current date/time. But every Financial Institution fails. Quicken is unable to establish an internet connection. Really it makes no sense since my 401(k) quotes downloaded.

So I tested some other features, like the More Info button next to the error messages. The built-in browser works fine and gets to the web. Same thing when I click the Quicken.com button.

And none of this happens running Crossover 10.2.

What else can I try?

Just for clarification, you did install into a new bottle using the wizard/CrossTie correct? i.e. you didn't manually install Quicken 2012.

Okay, it's been a while.

I removed Crossover from my system using AppZapper, including deleting the bottles. Downloaded/installed 11.1.0. Restart OS X (shouldn't need to, but I did). Open Safari to Codeweavers site, clicked link to install using Install Quicken 2012 via CrossTie. Mounted QW iso, selected it as installer. Ran install including all microsoft components. Quicken installed completely. Quit Crossover, restart OS X.

Open CrossOver. Verify version (About pane) is 11.1. Verify that networking functions - Run Applications, select Internet Explorer, then browse to cnn.com to see current date/time. All good.

Run Applications, select Quicken 2012.app. Quicken opens, browse to existing file on my disk. File opens. Disable registration prompt. Try online update. Quotes & historical data update, status shows current date/time (to the minute). All bank connections fail with message "Unable to create internet connection".

This is strange.

I'm experiencing the same problem with Quicken 2011 on Crossover 11.1.0 for Linux

I don't have any online updates for banks setup, but my historical quotes update fine with CrossOver 11.1 and Mac OS X 10.7.

Is there is anyone updates on the online updates? I would like to buy crossover so I can use Quicken 2012 in Mountain Lion.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicWNLQ2tzWVQySDJzdVJySCIsImdkcHIiOjB9