Quicken 2012 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't open existing Quicken file with Crossover linux 14.0.0

I just did a fresh install of Crossover 14.0.0 and Quicken 2012 Home & Business (deleted old bottles, complete uninstall of Crossover 13.x, then installed 14.0.0 and Quicken from scratch), and ran into problems right away. When I started Quicken, I selected the "I've used Quicken before" option, then "Open a data file on this computer", and then browsed to the .QDF file I want to use. Quicken reports "Unable to open the selected file." I'm using Xubuntu 14.04 with all updates.

I've also tested with a VM running Xubuntu 14.04, but in that situation I upgraded to Crossover 14.0.0 from 13.1.3 without uninstalling. I don't see any problems accessing my .QDF file in that scenario.

This seems to only be a problem if the .qdf resides on an nfs-mounted filesystem, and only when going through quicken's initial setup. I copied the file locally, and was able to open it without issue. After that first file open, I was able to access the .qdf on the nfs-mounted filesystem just fine.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVDRWSFlMZjdCSngyOGI5VyIsImdkcHIiOjB9