Quicken 2013 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2013

I can't purchase earlier editions of Quicken and Crossfire doesn't support the 2013 version. Quicken 2013 installed and looked ok, but it immediately stops at the introductory window, before I can even interact. Any suggestions?

C. Blacker wrote:

I can't purchase earlier editions of Quicken and Crossfire doesn't
support the 2013 version. Quicken 2013 installed and looked ok, but
it immediately stops at the introductory window, before I can even
interact. Any suggestions?

The best thing you can do right now is write in to our Support Team. Quicken 2013 is a target for support but we do not yet have a working installation process.

C. Blacker wrote:

I can't purchase earlier editions of Quicken and Crossfire doesn't
support the 2013 version. Quicken 2013 installed and looked ok, but
it immediately stops at the introductory window, before I can even
interact. Any suggestions?

That is because you do not have .Net Framework and Internet Explorer installed in the same bottle. You can install those manually and then Quicken 2013 should work. If you want an easy workaround, just reinstall using the Quicken 2012 Crosstie.

Regards,
Alan

This works well but, the program jams after the registration process. To get around this do a restart of your Mac and make sure you do not let your Mac wait the usual 60 seconds. Quicken 2012 will interrupt the restart and complete the registration. You can now cancel the restart and use quicken 2013. All functions work except synchronizing to quicken cloud.

C. K .Yager wrote:

All functions work except synchronizing to quicken cloud.

This is the same experience that I have with Quicken 2013. Can anyone from Codeweavers confirm when Crossover will support Quicken 2013 Cloud Sync?

We can't really comment as to "when" (or "if") the cloud sync will work, yet. Our developers haven't yet had the time to really dig into the issues with Cloud Sync and determine an ETA. When we have more info, we will of course share it.

If you hold down the left shift and left control keys then the select the one button update from the tools menu it will turn off the registration process.

I also am having problems installing Quicken 2013. All goes well with the installation and it seems all components are properly installed. However, when the program goes to download the actual Quicken 2013 from Amazon.com I get the error message:

The program (unidentified) has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
This can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in Wine... [etc.]

Is there currently any way of installing the software purchased from Amazon, or do I have to look for another method? I also recently received a disc in the mail with installers for Quicken 2013 in all varieties, but I'd prefer to use the Amazon method, as that is what I purchased already.

Thanks in advance,
Tom Carlson

[quote=479709]I also am having problems installing Quicken 2013. All goes well with the installation and it seems all components are properly installed. However, when the program goes to download the actual Quicken 2013 from Amazon.com I get the error message:

/quote]

Interesting ... it could be that downloading from Amazon.com gives you a different installer than the one from CD, which is the one with which we've tested. If you use the CD installer you have, we hope it would work. Otherwise, perhaps we can do more troubleshooting with the amazon installer.

Thanks, Josh!

I'll try that and worry about how I'm going to pay for it later. I would think that Amazon has some kind of a code within their installer for authorization, since they didn't send any type of license code in their emails when purchased.

Tom

I just wanted to report that I was able to install Quicken 2013 Home and Business and it converted my Quicken 2012 files and seems to be working smoothly so far. There were a number of crashes and freezes after installation with the guidance balloons popping up. When I would dismiss them, it would freeze the computer. Once I turned them off completely though, that problem stopped.

Also, the computer would freeze after registration, even though the registration was successful. I used the trick above of clicking on one-click update while holding down the shift and control key, so that it would not ask for registration any longer. That seemed to clear up that problem.

I've been able to navigate and enter new data, but haven't really pushed it too hard yet. So far so good though...

Tom Carlson

I was able to get the Cloud sync portion of the program to load up just fine by running the native windows MSLS31.dll. Only glitch left now is when I try to make a Cloud connection, I receive the following error:

"Quicken has encountered a server-side error. Please try again later. If the problem persists contact Quicken support."

Any thoughts? It's progress.

I'm downloading the latest version of Crossover now with the intent of trying it the next few days. The only program reason I use Crossover is to run Quicken, which worked fine until recently for Quicken 2010 when the upgrade prompt started killing Crossover. When I found out that 2013 had cloud sync (allowing me to use my iPhone for Quicken), I upgraded.

Hopefully this will work for me. It is a pain to have to keep on pausing and resuming Windows in VMWare just to run Quicken.

I'm using a MacPro and just upgraded to OSX 10.8.2. I'm running CorssOver V. 11.3.

I first put the Quicken 2013 CD in the drive and waited until the Disk icon showed up an my desk top. I then launched Crossover. I clicked the Install Windows Software option and Crossover recognized the Quicken 2013 Disk. It also automatically installed .Net Framework, some C++ applications and Explorer.

Quicken 2013 appears to be running fine.

I'm in the process of testing it with 11.3. My previous attempt with 11.2 had failed to even install.

I had to restart things a few times, but I was able to get Quicken to install, and after a few attempts get it updated.

What doesn't seem to be working is Cloud Sync, where I can have transactions entered in my iPhone. I get a "server side" error reported.

At least most of my other accounts seem to be working. Except Discover (which I haven't used in some time, but still allow it to sync in case of a fraud attempt). But that broke earlier this year with Quicken 2010 under Crossover. I think some change was made on the server side with browser compatibility.

I await 12 to see if anything improves.

One thing is nice since I started using Dropbox is I can do Quicken on one computer, then run on another, and I don't have to worry about transferring files between computers. It also applies running in a VM machine on my macbookpro, and running in Crossover.

I've also noticed that pie charts don't show up. Such as the Spending chart on the home page.

I also noticed that an attempt to validate a file immediately fails.

At least I have a windows partition available in case I need to do this in the future.

Other than the charts, other features seem to work at least as well as 2010 did on versions of crossover through 11.2.

The other little bug I've seen, which I never reported previously, are in date fields. Such as updating pricing data. If both the month and day has 2 digits, such as 12/11/2012, you can't enter in all in the text field. Workarounds exist, such as clicking on the calendar widget, or just entering in 12/11, and letting quicken fill out the year. This happened on 11.2 and quicken 2010, and only is an issue for just about 10 weeks a year.

I just installed Crossover 12 and pie charts and other graphics are working again. Hopefully that works for you as well. It doesn't appear the Cloud Sync works yet but I'm more than a little concerned with all my bank passwords being stored on Quicken's servers in cleartext so I probably wouldn't use that anyway.

I just successfully ran Cloud Sync. The popup said it was complete.

The only issues I know about is the 2 longstanding ones listed above by me. Unable to enter in a date in a field such as Price History with a full date, such as 12/13/2012 (I have to use the calendar widget or enter in 12/13). And unable to validate and repair file. I personally have workarounds for the second, by running it in a vmware session. But at least now I don't have to run the vmware session to do the sync.

A previous poster posted it didn't work. I wonder what the difference in configuration is? When trying before the 12.0.0 upgrade, I installed IE 7. Maybe that is what supports it.

The cloud synch seems to be working well for me with Quicken 2013 using CrossOver v12, but when I try to change the email/text notification settings by clicking the link in the Mobile & Alerts tab, the program experiences an error and crashes. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any way to change the notification settings besides in the Quicken desktop software? Thanks!

One thing I've noticed since upgrading to Version 12 of Crossover is that Quicken now runs very sluggishly. It seems to take forever to accept input data. I'm running Quicken 2013 Home and Business. Not sure what the solution is, but I'll keep trying to find out the cause.

I can second that. It seems slower on my Mac Pro 2008 8 core system than on my 2010 Macbook Pro, which seems odd to me.

The first time I noticed it on the Mac Pro, it was essentially unusably slow. Rebooting seemed to help. CPU usage nearly 100% of a core.

Not that recent versions of Quicken have been speed demons, even under Windows (vmware). I blame some of this on having over 20 years worth of data included, and a 47MB file. Reasons I have not transitioned to online usage (though I did transfer to/from Microsoft Money in the last decade when there wasn't a Pocket Quicken available for my PocketPC devices).

On my MBP, it generally runs fast enough to be usable.

Hello,

You might have covered this already - I installed Quicken 2013 - everything went well, all programs installed (.NET etc), but when I opened program, it began converting my previous Quicken file to 2013, and then it hanged at "converting price history..." I restarted, etc - but same hang.

Is there a solution, workaround to this?

Thanks
-Rif

I upgraded from 2010, but I did it under Windows first, since I bought 2013 before I got a version of Crossover Mac that supported it.

I've noticed a few weirdnesses with 2013 that I've had to correct. It has messed up a few old transfers that I've had to work around. Rebuilding investing lots were probably to blame. I used to enter in mutual fund purchases different, directly as part of the transfer, rather than using a cash balance. So you might just be hitting a Quicken bug.

Using Quicken 2013 Starter Edition (latest update as of Jan. 10, 2013) and Crossover 12.0.0.26743 on a 2012 Mac mini. Most of the time Quicken cloud update works, but sometimes after successfully updating my bank accounts, it gets to the "syncing Quicken and Quicken Cloud" but appears to freeze there (none of the "getting/sending accounts/tags/categories/etc" status messages appear) and requires me to force quit Crossover.

Also, on an unrelated issue, I am having a lot of trouble using the Codeweavers website. A error dialog keeps popping up "error in: undefined/bin/json/inbox error message: Not Found 404 Not Found - CodeWeavers" This appears to happen in multiple sections of the website: forums, FAQ/manual, etc. If it maters I am using Google Chrome 24.0.1312.52 on the same above-mentioned Mac mini 2012.

Loaded from - select an application to install- to same bottle, IE 7 plus Quicken Rental property manager. Quicken was downloaded from Amazon Your Games and Software Library to bootcamp, my file, Desktop, file name QW13RPM.exe The QW13RPM.exe was used as the installer file. No problem with updates, or registration, no hang ups at all. I don't use Quicken to back up data or cloud, so no idea on that.
IE 7 has to be in the same bottle for Quicken to work normally.

I guess these issues are why it is still only a Bronze, rather than a higher.

If it wasn't for the Cloud sync, I wouldn't have upgraded Quicken from 2010. I wanted the ability to use an iPhone for entering data.

The other frustrating thing I see is the scrolling. It can be a pain, sometimes, to get to the correct line when clicking on the scroll bars.

I expect that the major use of Crossover, though, is for access to Office. A feature I don't need since I run the Mac version of Office. Has some differences from Windows, but except for Outlook, which is flakey, it works.

Hello,

I am using Crossover 12.1.12 and bought Quicken Deluxe 2013 from Amazon. I ran into a problem, that I assume many others have, and so I wanted to give a step-by-step guide to help anyone on how to fix it.

When you purchase any kind of software from Amazon, they keep it in your account in your library, however when you download it, you are not downloading the actual software, you are downloading a temporary installer, that downloads it for you. Even when using the Quicken 2013 bottle option in Crossover, you still got an error message. So here is what I did.

1)First, create a bottle for Internet Explorer 7 and install it. (It will download it for you) This will be the basis for your Quicken installation.
2)Go back to the bottle of IE-7 in the Applications tab, and select Install Software.
3)Select and install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
4)Go back to the IE-7 Bottle, and in the Bottle Tab, select the Run Command option. From here, open the Quicken Installation download from Amazon.
5)Run through the installation as normal.
6)Sit back and enjoy a cold drink, getting satisfaction from knowing you can have good finances while using Linux!

Jim Statham
jim@stathams.us

OK, I was having trouble before (see above) and so waited until now to install with 12.2.1. I'm installing quicken premier 2013. I have the downloaded file on the MAC. I updated the Crossover install.Q2013 was still there from before and wouldn't run. I tried to remove but it told me I needed to use the program's installer. So I ran the installer again which re-installed. Now some other things also installed .Net, Arial font, etc. Now it sort of runs, but no account names are visible. All say NA. Also the to/from field in transactions is blank (meaning the entity to whom the check was written, etc.) Any idea what's the deal here?

thx

Dave ... I was just checking to see if your running Quicken 2013 now. I've been running 2013 H&B since Jan without any real issues. It was slow at first, but some of the recent upgrades to Crossover seemed to address those matters.

1 to 29 of 29

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUUpYdDdBU1ZSOEU3NzI1RSIsImdkcHIiOjB9