Quicken 2013 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2013

USed to work - now when i try to run the program, i get a pop-up window at startup asking to 'Explore the possibilities" to learn about quicken tips tutorials, etc.- and i cannot seem to click thru or close this window, to actually get to Quicken. Program stalls at this point, despite restarting, can't get past it. Any suggestions?

Me too. I get the same pop up window that locks up.

I saw the popup on my Mac, but I don't recall doing anything special to make it go away. Didn't cause me any problem like the opportunity to upgrade did for me last year on Quicken 2010.

I have the same problem.. its like a tuturial popup prompt from Quicken.. and it doesn't let you click past it.. it seems to go into a hang do loop.. and i have tried restarting crossover and my computer several times. Quicken will not run until it gets a response, and crossover will not allow me to respond to the Quickent tutorial video prompt.. there are three button choices 1) "close" 2) "new users" and 3) "upgraders" which is blue.. none of them respond.n HELP!

Is there a window manager close button? Maybe try that.

Crap -- same problem for me....

HAS ANYONE FILLED OUT A TROUBLE TICKET FOR THIS>

Click the red close button in the top-left of the dialog window. That'll close the promo without causing Quicken to crash or freeze.

We're looking into why this one dialog window is causing so much trouble and we hope to have it fixed in the next update of Crossover.

I've tried the red close button. It doesn't work, the window won't close, the only thing i can do is Force Quit.

Nirav Savalia wrote:

I've tried the red close button. It doesn't work, the window won't
close, the only thing i can do is Force Quit.

The red button seems to be working for most people here - what OS / CrossOver Version are you using?

The red button didn't close the popup window for me, either. I stopped Crossover and opened Quicken again. The red button didn't work. But, I unchecked the Remind Me Later box on the bottom left and then clicked on the red button -- and the popup window closed for me. Maybe I'm lucky?

Crossover 12.0
MAC OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2
MacBook 2.26GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM

Same problem but I'm crashing on the opening screen which asks me to register. I'm working from a fresh install of Crossover and Q2013 Premeir. Red button or register later causes crash.

Edit, made it worse, tried to 'register' and it started the process then crashed with a warning about a failure in Wine. Then to make matters worse, now it won't even show a popup before crashing, I suspect it is continueing the registration process that crashed...

If you installed Quicken 2013 under Crossover 11.3 please reinstall it under Crossover 12. That should get the red close button working on the promo window and make the whole program more stable.

Thanks, this worked for me too.... Hope a more 'permanent' solution is pending though

Nirav Savalia wrote:

Thanks, this worked for me too.... Hope a more 'permanent' solution
is pending though

A more permanent solution is in the works. We have a build of CrossOver in testing right now that resolves this issue with many thanks to our developers for such a fast fix. We hope to push a release out soon.

Cheers!

I'm having the same problem with a perpetual freeze on the Register Quicken Window, under Crossover 12.1.1 and Q2013. Interesting to note that in the Register window, you can't use tab to move through the fields. I've tried everything including reinstalling Crossover 12.1.1.

This is really bad, because without registering quicken none of the online services, including billpay, are enabled.

FOLLOW-UP:

After posting the above, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken 2013. Went through the same process and the same apparent registration window freeze. HOWEVER, this time I waited a little longer before hitting the "finished" button on the Register page. It still looked like everything was frozen, but when I went to quit out of Quicken and got a message saying that there was a onestep update in process, and do I want to finish before quitting, I said "yes" and the update went through. I did have problems connecting to one of my banks (Citibank) but a second running of onestep update worked.

There's an entry on the Tips & Tricks page that tells how to circumvent the registration process.

1 to 16 of 16

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibU4ycmZUQllBd3lzZlBGdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9