Quicken 2013 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2013 installation

I have to update my Quicken 2010 to 2013, is there any tricks on doing an upgrade? I would think that you have to install the 2013 and after importing the files you delete the old Quicken. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Barry Pearl wrote:

I have to update my Quicken 2010 to 2013, is there any tricks on
doing an upgrade? I would think that you have to install the 2013
and after importing the files you delete the old Quicken. Any
thoughts?

Thanks

A couple of thoughts. First, there is a report of someone successfully doing this in another thread:

Calion wrote:

In order to update Quicken 2013, I had to download the stand-alone
updater from
Intuit.
Although it then took forever for Crossover to verify the
dependencies on the Quicken 2013 bottle, the update then ran fine. I
used the "Alternate Manual Update"; the Mondo updater wasn't
necessary.

Personally, I would install Quicken 2013 fresh in a new bottle. Through CrossOver you can do this right beside your Quicken 2010 install. Then, launch Quicken 2013 and see if it locates your files from Quicken 2010. It "should" without any trouble. Then you can open them in Quicken 2013 and check things over. If everything looks good, run it for a little while with Quicken 2010 still around "incase". Then, if all looks good, remove the Quicken 2010 bottle.

If you have any trouble or questions, I recommend that you open a support ticket.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTUxYYnVOWHNHM1Qyc3BTVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9