Quicken 2014 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can not install 2014

Based on a recent email about update 13.1.0 I purchased Quicken 2014. Upgraded Crossover to 13.1.0 but it still will not install.
Has anyone been able to install it since the update?

Wayne, I'm downloading now, so I'll be testing soon, but based on the discussion in this thread:

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=12227;forum=1;msg=153463

I’m guessing a Windows XP bottle may be the solution.

Wayne,

Just a quick follow-up, I was able to successfully install using the default WinXP bottle that Crossover selects when going through the applicaton install wizard. The process takes a while, 16 minutes on my 1 year old MacBook Pro, but it did work for me.

-K

Wayne Brooks wrote:

Based on a recent email about update 13.1.0 I purchased Quicken

1. Upgraded Crossover to 13.1.0 but it still will not install.

Has anyone been able to install it since the update?

Wayne, can you post more information about your system? Or, better yet, can you send an email to ninjas@codeweavers.com with that information so we can further assist you.

Ken Willard wrote:

Wayne,

Just a quick follow-up, I was able to successfully install using the
default WinXP bottle that Crossover selects when going through the
applicaton install wizard. The process takes a while, 16 minutes on
my 1 year old MacBook Pro, but it did work for me.

-K

It's a bit strange that it would take 16 minutes to install... but it should install without trouble if you use our tie file.

If you do experience further trouble please email our Support Team (ninjas@codeweavers.com).

I want to add my voice/vote to several others who, like me, managed to install Quicken 2014 fine, with no errors or warnings, using the new default setup in CrossOver 13.1. However, like those others, when I start Quicken, all I see is a solid white screen with no menu bar or anything else in it. The CPU of my MacBook runs at about 60% (on one core, the other is idle) as long as I leave "Quicken" up... Assistance is greatly appreciated!

Gear: MacBook (late 2008 model), 8GB, OS X Mavericks.

Same here. Installs just fine in winxp bottle, but when you load Q14, same thing... blank window with no icons/menus/graphics...

Any ideas?

s

Same issue here (blank screen after successful install) on OpenSUSE 13.1 (x86_64).

Guys, if it does not work, please file support tickets so the staff can help each of you.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiR01GNm1zTTJLUEtFSFNhZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9