Quicken 2014 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

After installing Build 7 menus disappear

I've been having quite a few problems with the menus disappearing. I have tried the suggestion under "Tips & Tricks" but the registry key is already created. The only thing that fixes the problem is to reinstall Quicken.

This morning, when I opened the program I had a notification to upgrade to build 7, which I executed. When the program opened, again the menus were missing.

I checked the registry key, still set to y.

I'm reinstalling again and if asked I will not upgrade at this time to build 7. Anyone else have these issues?

I'm running Mac OS X 10.9.4, I have a dual monitor system, but currently only running one monitor.

I'm using Quicken Home & Business 2014 and I've found that Right-click menus and the menus from the little buttons in the register are either blank or just show the icon. The main menus at the top of the screen show up fine. Also, the tabs don't show titles. Definitely some weirdness here which I hope will get worked out.

I also experience this problem. The registry key trick is set, and reinstalling hasn't been a permanent fix for me.

What works for me is to simply exit and restart Quicken. The menus appear after the restart.

I am having the same problem with Quicken 2015. Anyone come up with a solution yet? Restarting Quicken used to work but no longer does.

I've got the same issue. All the 'tab' menus are just missing 4 out of 5 times that I launch Quicken 2015...

This is frustrating...

Got a workable fix from codeweavers support that brings back missing menus and tabs:

"The workaround to this bug is Option-click the green maximize circle in the top-left of the titlebar, resize the window to be slightly smaller, and then quit & relaunch Quicken. When it starts back up the text will appear on the tabs and context menus. This is a bug between Quicken and Crossover's window manager that we're working on and should have fixed in the next update to Crossover."

Just tried it as I was unable to customize reports without those tabs and it worked beautifully. Not sure if this fix will 'hold' or if it needs to be repeated, but it definitely works!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSFhWcVE4dmdYemRLd21NNSIsImdkcHIiOjB9