Quicken 2015 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

quicken 2015 program upgrade problem

I just allowed quicken to upgrade my program and it no longer loads but stops midway. I would reload my program but not sure how to do that.

A Quicken update released today has caused this to happen to many users. If you are able to create a brand-new installation of Quicken in CrossOver, that appears to be a solution because new installs are able to successfully apply the Quicken update, whereas existing installations are not.

I would not recommend that you delete your Quicken entirely before creating a new one unless you are familiar with what you are doing, as I do not want you to risk losing data. (Even though Quicken will not currently open for you, your data should be fine, so it is important to take care not to harm your data during the process of restoring Quicken to a working state).

Another option which appears to work is to change the "bottle type" which CrossOver reports to Quicken. In order to do that, you can launch CrossOver and select the Quicken bottle. Find the 'Control Panels' section at the bottom of CrossOver's main screen, and click on the icon labelled "Wine Configuration."

Once the Wine Configuration window appears, make sure you have the "Applications" tab selected, and look at the bottom for the drop-down box labelled "Windows Version." Change this from "Windows 7" to "Windows XP." Press "OK" to exit Wine Configuration. Once this is complete, it seems that you are able to launch Quicken again.

I also encourage you to write into CodeWeavers with a support ticket (reference bug number 12857). We are tracking this problem, and if you start a support ticket, we will inform you when we learn more about the bug.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Josh

edit: to add bug number

I wanted to offer my 2 cents on this topic - as I too got burned by the Quicken Update - I tried several suggestions - but this was the one that returned access to Quicken for me. My issue was getting an update error and I could no longer launch Quicken Biz 2015 - the following restored access to the application.

Navigate to the path below, replacing the <<ITEMS>> with your personal info. PLACE the PATCH folder into the trash - you do NOT need to empty it.
Restart Crossover. Then relaunch Quicken. It should now open without issue. Wait for a fix before trying to launch additional updates.

/Users/<<USERNAME>>/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/<<QUICKEN VERSION>>/drive_c/users/Public/Application Data/Intuit/Quicken/Inet/Common/Patch

I hope this helps someone else out there - lesson learned for me on running the update without checking online feedback first. 😊

found this bug as well this morning.

Changing the bottle type to XP did not work, but removing the patch folder via the command line did work and allowed Quicken to open without any issues, no loss of data.

For Mac users, adding to Joseph's suggestion:

1) Bring up a terminal prompt (Command-Spacebar and type terminal)
2) in the terminal window, type this (replacing USERNAME with your mac username)

cd /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Quicken 2015/drive_c/users/Public/Application Data/Intuit/Quicken/Inet/Common/Patch

3) Now move the Update (patch) folder out of the way:

mv Update /tmp

4) try restarting quicken 2015

The last suggestion was very helpful. Quicken 2015 runs now. You might want to surround the whole cd command in double quotes "/Users/..../Patch" to get around the spaces in some of the folder names.

Thank you, the terminal instructions are very clear and resolved my problem of Quicken 2015 failing to successfully install its latest patch.

Thanks so much! This fixed it for me!

Removing the patch folder worked for me as well. Thanks!!!

Another workaround is to download and install the full Quicken 2015 R6 patch from Intuit's website and install it into your Quicken bottle. First download the patch

http://http-download.intuit.com/http.intuit/CMO/quicken/patch/QW2015R6MPatch.exe

Then double-click on the QW2015R6MPatch.exe in your Downloads folder. Crossover Install Software will open, and the key thing you need to do is expand the "Will install into.." section and choose your existing Quicken 2015 bottle. That will apply the patch to the bottle. If you don't pick the existing Quicken bottle the patch will just go into a new empty bottle and do nothing.

Thanks, Andrew, and all the other posters. Saved the day again. 😊

After using Andrew's tip to run the upgrade, I am now being asked for a password to simply open my .qdf file. I've never had a password (just for the password vault which isn't working). Anyone else getting this?

Thanks Andrew, I did attempt to locate the path using the path to it, had no luck location the patch. Your suggestion to download the Patch from Quicken then run it in the bottle containing Quicken 2015 worked.

Thanks for the info, fixed my issue.

Mahesh's solution worked. After running the R6 upgrade and restarting Quicken, I downloaded my data. I was then offered a R7 upgrade, accepted it and it downloaded successfully and Quicken works fine after a restart.

There is now an R7 Patch:

http://http-download.intuit.com/http.intuit/CMO/quicken/patch/QW2015R7Patch.exe

I was able to use Andrew's suggestion of downloading it and running it on the Quicken 2015 Bottle (existing installation) after double-clicking on it.

You can verify it worked by starting quicken and choosing Help -> About Quicken. It should say Release R 7

1 to 16 of 16

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNVMyUVVlMmtDeDdSN1NjWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9