Quicken 2015 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Running slow?

Has anyone else had the issue of the program running incredibly slow? Is this to be expected?

What is your OS?

Hi. I just loaded Quicken 2015 and I too found it slow. Like trying to walk in molasses. After a bit of playing around I found one account was so slow it was basically unusable. The others were slow but not any worse that when I was using Quicken 2012.

I then noticed that most of my accounts were new or only a year or two old. But my MasterCard account (the unusable one) has been on Quicken since I first got it many many years ago. I then looked at the heading for the various columns in this account (and all accounts), and noticed that they all had "any" at the top. I clicked on the dropdown box next to "any" under Date and saw that I could just see last week, last month, last 3 months, last 6 months, last quarter etc.... I clicked on last month and after the screen refreshed it had only 10 entries. Scrolling was fast. I then chose 3 months and 6 months, again scrolling was fast. Then back to "any" and scrolling slowed to a crawl. I think the slowness was because my MasterCard account has many years worth of entries and thus takes a long time to scroll up and down.

Not sure if this was the type of slowness you were experiencing but choosing to see only the last three months cured it for me. I see the recent charges and the last two months of reconciled ones. I had just this one account that was slow but if you have been using Quicken for all your various accounts for many years they could all be slow.

I just bought a new macbook pro, purchased Codeweaver last night and started using Quicken 2015 Premier. I am new to Quicken and there aren't many payees, maybe 100 after a couple of downloaded credit cards. I have about 4 deposit accounts, 3 broker accounts, and three loan accounts. Q2015 is so slow in every way I don't think I can use it. When moving between tabs such as Spending and Budget it takes about 30 seconds to switch. When clicking on accounts again it takes about 30 seconds. If I try to connect to an account it takes much longer. What can I do to fix this? If I can't get it running properly I may just have to go to a mac based product and return Codeweaver.

Thanks for your help.

Can we have a little more information about your system?

It would be better if you opened a ticket and in that ticket, included the information that you have already posted to this thread.

In addition, please also list:

MacOS version number

1. click on the Apple Icon in the upper left corner of your screen
  2. Choose "About this Mac"
  3. Report the numerical version number (like 10.10.3)

Video Card(s) in your system

1. from the "About this Mac" window, click on "System Report..."
  2. In the system report, below "Hardware", locate "Graphics/Displays"
  3. List the Video Card(s) reported there. For instance, one of my systems says:
AMD Radeon HD 6750M
Intel HD Graphics 3000

Any additional information about your system:

1. Are you using an external display (more than one monitor)
  2. Are you using additional drivers for hardware (like a logitech or Razer Synapse mouse)
  3. What kind of Internet connection do you have? (dial-up, cable, dsl, wi-fi hotspot via mobile network)
  4. Are there any customizations to what is displayed on the various tabs in use (spending & budget).
  5. How far back is the history on the various accounts Quicken is attempting to access?

You are more than welcome to fill in this information with our simple form:

https://www.codeweavers.com/about/general/contact_us_form/#info

Or, you can email us, info@codeweavers.com. Either will open a Support Ticket.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVzhlTFp4Q3llVXFlVDNtZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9