Quicken 2015 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

E-Trade not downloading

E-Trade’s digital certificate expired, meaning that Quicken users will see an error like “OL-297-A”. Essentially, this means that Quicken cannot connect.

The workaround at this time is to log into their E-Trade account and download the transaction manually, then import it into Quicken. This will allow them to manually update their account. It’s nothing we have control over and Windows users will also be affected. Quicken has this vague information available:

http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/bank-download-issues/error-when-using-online-services--ol-297/GEN82231.html

Thanks!
I've been having this exact issue. Can you tell me how to download the file to import it to quicken? I have downloaded it it Safari, but don't know how to get it over to the crossover side.

Also, any word on when Quicken may fix this? I have had this problem since July and informed them at that time and they said it would be fixed "soon".

Thanks!!

I've spent a long time with Quicken support today on this same topic. Talked with both their Windows and Mac support. Their solution is as outlined in the link in a previous post (http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/bank-download-issues/error-when-using-online-services--ol-297/GEN82231.html) - do a certain configuration of TLS and SSL, so I don't think Intuit is about to do anything. Downloading the transactions and importing into Quicken is also not an option for E*Trade - QFX file can not be imported for investment accounts.

How can we set the Internet parameters for Quicken in the XP bottle? I dug everywhere with no luck. Even tried installing IE7 (which is Quicken's preferred way of handling this), but the install failed. I'm getting desperate - all my financial life is in E*Trade, I can't function if the downloads fail.

I dug further and what is really set using the process described on Quicken website is a REG_DWORD value in registry. The value name is SecureProtocols and each protocol corresponds to a particular bit. TLS1.0 is 0x80, TLS1.1 is 0x200, TLS1.2 is 0x800 and SSL3.0 is 0x20. To turn on TLS1.0 and TLS1.1, while turning off TLS1.2 and SSL3.0, the value of SecureProtocols should be set to 0x280.

SecureProtocols can live in several different places, depends on who you read. I got the following locations:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

At least one source claims HKCU and HKLM values are additive (which I take to mean they're OR'ed together). Using regedit, I tried SecureProtocols set to various values in all these four locations, one after another, ending up with all four. Based on my understanding on Windows, extra values, if any, should not really hurt. Nothing worked.

I called Quicken again to ask which key they really use, but the rep did not know the answer and said he asked developers and could not get the answer either. So I am stuck.

My question to the Codeweavers folks is if setting the SecureProtocols really does affect the bottle behavior, or do we need to do something else?

Given that E*Trade is a major brokerage, I do not feel Quicken can be said to be working under CrossOver on the Mac until this is resolved.

To admit my foolish mistake, you can in fact do a hand download and update of investment accounts - import files via Web Connect. I mixed "QFX" and "QXF" extensions and went down the "QXF" route, while the data is of course in the QFX format. It's a pain to do this by hand for all my accounts, but at least I can function while chasing the TLS issue.

I installed IE7 in my Quicken XP bottle and it did show that SSL2.0 and SSL3.0 are disabled, while TLS1.0 is enabled. After installing IE7, Quicken would no longer run, but I just installed it in a new bottle, and at least I know that my SecureProtcols setup was effective. I have a question in to E*Trade to see what they support on their end - if it's just TLS1.1, we're out of luck, since XP only supports TLS1.0 and Quicken 2014 will only run in an XP bottle.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicnRBU0FSRVZGMlZBNWY3cCIsImdkcHIiOjB9