Quicken 2015 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Change Quicken Deluxe 2015 Startup Sound

So far, Quicken 2015 Deluxe is working just fine in Crossover for Linux under Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon (x64). The one thing that bothers me is Quicken's startup sound. It sounds like the first few notes of "Mr. Sandman" by the Chordettes:

[link=https://youtu.be/CX45pYvxDiA][/link]

And I end up singing that song all day. Is there any way to change the startup sound under Crossover? I used to go into system sounds under Windows to do that, but can't figure out how to do it under Crossover.

This doesn't directly answer your question... if you find it annoying and don't see (or hear) and real purpose for the noise (personal preference) they can be disable from within Quicken 2015.

In the Edit menu choose Preference find the Setup section. There's a check box labled Turn on Quicken Sounds.

As for audio setting you asked about, In the wine configuration part of bottle management there's an audio section but I have NO experience with it.

DJ

Unfortunately, I want the rest of the sounds. I just want to be able to change the one startup sound. Looking at the sound stuff in the bottle, it seems that's for managing the sound device drivers. Not choosing system sounds. But, thanks anyway.

I think I've got it. From the Crossover application, I went to Tools | Manage Bottles and selected the Quicken bottle. In the Run Command box, I entered Regedit to open up the Registry Editor. I then checked:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\App Events\Schemes\Apps\Quicken\Open Program.Current and .Default (two different keys)

and found that the opening sound was set to:

C:\Program Files\Quicken\Sounds\qopen.wav

So, from Quicken's Manage Bottle page, I opened the C: drive, browsed to that directory and checked out the .wav files there. The one I wanted was qopen99.wav. So, I just edited the value in the registry at both those keys to use that.

EDIT: Nope. Now I don't have any startup sound at all. I've got the normal "ka-ching" sounds and stuff in the register. But, no startup sound. That's perfectly fine for me, though.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNFlLeW1hd3lyVXdycFZTYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9