Quicken 2015 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

One Step Update Freezes

Lately, under Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon x64 with Crossover 15.0.1, One Step Update in Quicken Deluxe 2015 (R10) has been freezing. Usually, the freeze happens after all the individual tasks in the One Step Update Progress window have completed: the tasks all complete correctly, but the little progress spinner at the top of that window continues to spin for a bit and then stops. No Summary Page comes up and the only way to get rid of the Progress window is to click the close button, wait for the Not Responding dialog, and then click Force Quit. At that point Quicken will close and I can try again. Has anyone else been seeing this? Any possible work-arounds?

I've been hit with it. And a slow start up, or ghost windows. Complete speculation - I think it has to do with quicken checking on it's update. I have not applied it (it's working for me, why break it).
My reasoning in part, when is does successfully update there's a large banner asking if I want to up date. Sometime when I startup there's a window button but now window.,, presumably communicating with intutit wanting me to update. It has a wine icon. I vaguely recall seeing some process or brought up an error about IE and/or online services.

But what do I know, just that yes I've had similar issues. Linux Mint 17.3 CrossOver 15.0.0

DJ

In my case, Quicken is fully up-to-date (I had applied the latest mega patch some time ago). But, I've been seeing similar things otherwise. In particular, I seem to have trouble with that One Step Update if I have the slow startup you mentioned and the Quicken Taskbar entry says "Wine" instead of Quicken for a while. It could be Quicken is just looking to see what's out there regarding updates (as opposed to trying to download an update). I was also wondering if it might have something to do with Quicken having been sold to H.I.G. Capital (maybe they're messing with the links).

It looks like at least a few Windows people are having the same issue:

https://qlc.intuit.com/questions/1339283-fix-one-step-update

Apparently, we should let One Step Update sit "frozen" until it finishes. I'll give that a try next time.

If you have windows 7 and running quicken 2016 although the quicken is compatable with windows 7 it will be sluggish and not run as fast as it should you may want to upgrade to windows 8 or windows 10
http://www.fixyourquicken.com/

I'd tend to agree, and since who knows... GiantCorporation will admit nothing. We know it does some communication at start up due to the occasional banner ads. There's undoubtedly some data mining under the guise of user stats. As for waiting it out. Often I start the online update and switch to another window (because I know it'll be a while). So if I get distracted on something else I sometimes forget what I was doing and who knows how long I've actually waited. It seems to freeze up when I'm just taking care of something quickly and waiting for it to finish.

Personally I just need a simple check register. I I've been using quicken since 91. Got upset when I had to buy a [alleged] upgrade to windows version. Then the Y2K think forced me to buy another version. Then they started sunset policy and I have to buy a new version every 3 years... for new "features". Now that my bank's web site has a decent bill pay page I'm wondering about the next upgrade. No, it's not the same as my own register - but the adjustment vs the cost/aggravation is something to think about.

thanks
DJ

shaneka poole wrote:

you may want to upgrade to windows 8 or windows 10

How about windows 0 or windows 00 Since we're here because we don't use windows... how can I get this upgrade?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYkNobmNDa1F2bmN1elJuViIsImdkcHIiOjB9