Quicken 2015 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Problem downloading bank account

I just bought Quicken and downloaded my checking account from my bank. I discovered that I can only download from 3/15 to present and not back to Jan 1. Is there some way that I can manually enter the transactions from 1/1 to 3/15 without having an impact on my bank balance? Thank you!

You've probably already solved this, but, just in case, I'll take a stab at it.

I assume you can only download transactions back three months or so because that's all you bank keeps available online. So, I also assume you won't be able to manually download earlier transactions to a QIF file and import them into Quicken. Of course, you might want to confirm that last bit on your bank's web site.

To enter the earlier 3 months worth of transactions, you'd have to manually type in all of them from your bank statements. To avoid messing up your balance, take a look at what should probably be the first transaction in the register. It should be some kind of Opening Balance transaction. Just change that number to whatever you first bank statement shows as being its opening balance. Then enter each month's transactions and Reconcile them. That ought to do it.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUzRNdW5GbnNLUFBzbjRCdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9