Quicken 2015 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2015 online features ending 4/30/18

Just got this from Quicken:

Critical Service Alert
Your connected services with Quicken will be discontinued as of 4/30/18.
When you purchased your Quicken 2015 product, it included the ability to use connected services like downloading your transactions and balances, online bill pay and live support. As of April 30, 2018, these connected services will expire and be discontinued. Buy now and save 10%.

You can continue to use your Quicken product; however, you won’t be able to continue using connected services and live support.

Which Quicken 2015 connected services will be discontinued?
• Downloading your transactions and balances from financial institutions and having them automatically categorized in Quicken
• Paying your bills online with Quicken
• Accessing live chat support
• Uploading portfolio information to Investing.Quicken.com
• Downloading stock quotes and news headlines to Quicken
• Access to free Quicken mobile app

etc.

So time to upgrade. Unfortunately, Quicken 2018 isn't currently working in crossover.

I am in the same boat. Have asked to be included in Bug 15581 for notification when Quicken 2018 starts working in CrossOver from the over thread

Currently, I am using Quicken 2015 on another Mac running parallels, so can upgrade there if I need to. Thing is, that Mac is from 2006 and isn't going to run forever, so I was looking for an alternative to using Parallels (or Boot Camp) and Windows on my 2016 MacBook Pro. This is the first Windows software I have tried loading using CrossOver, and the only Windows software I use.

Same boat as you. Because of this I started to consider moving from Quicken to http://moneydance.com

Any other alternatives to consider for Linux?

"If you like your software you can keep your software".
Ha!
Shouldn't they have told us when we purchased Q2015 that we were only renting it? I mean on a banner, not in the EULA in fine print.
So anyway is there alternative software, maybe Microsoft Money or one we could just import our data to?
SS-EE

Per above, I looked into http://moneydance.com until Quicken sent me a sizable discount to upgrade. Quicken 2018 solved a lot of my usability problems.

[quote=791010
Shouldn't they have told us when we purchased Q2015 that we were only renting it?[/quote]

grave misunderstanding - software is licensed not sold. Personally I primarily need a check register, interacting with my back is very important. As long as I can import downloaded transactions I can work around.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZDZONTlkSnV0OTh6bndBZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9