Quicken 2016 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Error Installing Quicken 2016 Deluxe

Trying to install Quicken 2016 on Mac using Crossover 15. Error message on installation:
"Sorry! Quicken 2016 cannot be installed because your system does not meet the minimum system requirements." The link attached (see below)says that I need the following but how does this translate with crossover? Any workarounds?

Thanks!
REQUIREMENTS:

Computer
1 GHz or higher
Operating System
Windows Vista SP1, Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32- and 64-bit)

Memory
1 GB or higher
Hard Disk Space
Up to 450 MB free space, up to 1.5 GB if .NET not installed
Monitor
1024x768 or higher resolution; 1280x1024 for large fonts
CD-ROM Drive
Double speed (4X or higher recommended for multimedia) if installing from disk
Internet Connection
56 kbps modem or higher (broadband recommended for online services
Printer
Printers compatible with Windows Vista SP1 or later

Using MacBook Air, latest software update. Same exact error for me while trying to install Quicken 14 from a downloaded Amazon purchase.

When I got to the step, "Do you want to restart your computer now" in the install process I chose to "restart later." Was this incorrect?

UPDATE:

1. I deleted the initial Amazon downloaded Quicken14 file and repeated the download to my (son's) MacBook.

2. Reinitiated the crossover installation process. Fortunately it essentially picked up where it left off in the the original install before process before the error message was encountered.

3. THIS TIME, I chose to "restart the computer now" option and the install process completed without a hitch. Note that the MacBook did not "restart" but simply continued w install after a few somewhat lengthy pauses.

4. IMPORTANT: as mentioned in other threads, when asked to "launch or start Quicken now" uncheck that box in order to complete installation.

5. I found the Quicken icon in a Wine Bottle icon in the crossover app, not intuitively obvious. Not familiar w Wine technology though I do enjoy a glass of good red every evening:)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidGh3RlRnbWVNUHBmWjhRWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9