Quicken 2016 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2016 r14 won't create new quicken ID

New update which changes from the Intuit ID to the Quicken ID was installed. When I open Quicken, I get a screen which forces me to create a new ID. As soon as I press the "Get Started" button, the screen goes away and nothing happens. So, needless to say, Quicken is worthless in this condition.

Are other seeing this with r14? The bottle I'm using is the Win XP bottle, which I believe was start the CrossTie for Quicken a few years ago.

Ubuntu 16.04.3, Gnome 3.22

Thanks!

I was having the same problem today. To work around the problem I setup Quicken in a windows VM, setup the quicken ID and got to the normal Quicken screen. I then copied the quicken QDF back to my Linux documents folder. Quicken then started fine in Crossover but when I choose to update all accounts the screen went away. The Quicken update has introduced problems for Crossover that make Quicken unstable to use.

Good idea. Wondered if that would work. Now, sounds like we're trading one problem for another. Do you know if a ticket has been generated for this problem?

I confirm your results. Launched Quicken 2016 and after my login, the new window opens to create new Quicken ID. After selecting "Get started" button, the Quicken crashes/closes. So now what? Is there a work-around or fix? Would upgrading to Quicken 2017 solve the problem? So far I have not found any way forward and my confidence with Crossover and Quicken is low. I'll keep looking in this forum but at some point I have to pay bills and move forward.

I am having the same problem. Help!

Running the "Change your ID" in a virtual Windows 7 machine (after install Quicken 2016 and the Mondo Patch) got me beyond that point, and I am now able to open Quicken from Linux and do things in the database. However, any time Quicken has to touch the internet, it crashes. So, I have moved the ball forward, but not completely running. In the meantime, I can use the virtual machine to download transactions and do the other things that requirement the internet.

As to your question about whether Quicken 2017 would do better, I believe the answer is no. According to the forums, that are having the same problems (crashes during One-Step Update). There is a beta version of Crossover which seems to have solved the problems, but I have been unable to find. However, it was indicated in one forum that it would be part of the September updates (hmm, in October..?)

Same problem here. Installed Crossover 17 beta 3, did not help.

I also had the same problem. Ugh.

I also had the same problem. Bad timing doing end of year documentation when the update was loaded. So much for automatic updates.

I'm having the same problem! What are we supposed to do?...lol

I had the same problem as reported above. Attempts to reinstall Quicken 2016 are in vain, since the install process gets and installs the R14 update, leaving Quicken in the same unusable state. I went through this several times before discovering a solution, which is to disable internet access for the final phase ("Updating Quicken") of the install. This allows you to get back to an earlier release. When that release is installed you also need to disable qwPatchDownloader (.cxoffice/Quicken_2016/drive_c/Program Files/Quicken/qwPatchDownloader.exe) so you can start up Quicken and avoid the R14 patch. This worked for me, so I hope it helps others.

OK, my Quicken 2016 is running except when I try to perform the one-step update. Then it crashes. I decided to try the CrossOver 17.3 Beta. The result was the same (it window would disappear). However, I did try to change the bottle from XP to Win7 (and Win10). When I did this, I got a run time error which I have posted as a service request. Hopefully this will help the good folks debug this issue.

Created a support ticket for the issue. They advised installing Quicken 2017 and Quicken 2017 Mondo in a new bottle using CrossOver 17 Beta3. Did this and it is working!

Tried every sequence of mondo patches mentioned on the quicken site, starting from original quicken 2016 deluxe, but it did not matter...any R14 action which requires the network (like updating accounts) crashes quicken. Nice of quicken to blow me completely out of the water just when I had some finance work to do...

1 to 14 of 14

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNlBxOWJTbWdReU5lUlZ5eiIsImdkcHIiOjB9