Quicken 2016 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2016 will not open

Quicken has been working fine and now it will not open. I feel the problem is with wine loader.

Having the same problem. Was working yesterday. I'm using Quicken 2016 R14 (with latest Mondo).

BTW, just for grins, I did try to perform a clean install. It worked, until I restarted Quicken after the registration. At that point, it install a new update (~5MB). From that point on, Quicken crashed.

So, they (Quicken) must have created a new update which broke CrossOver.

I have the exact same experience.
I had Quicken running successfully for several days, but just rebooted yesterday and now Quicken no longer runs. It crashes just as it nearly concludes playing its startup sound.
I see in the patch log (drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/Intuit/Quicken/Log/quickenPatch.txt) the following:
10/6/2017 21:32:21:714 PM: Updated successfully.
I concur that it's likely something about the latest update that causes the problem.

OK, was able to get beyond crashing. This website has the instructions, but you have to find the file which is under the Public User / App_Data.

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/10-16-17-resolution-for-crash-when-launching-quicken-for-windows

Once I did this, the crashing stopped. However, I don't get to see my register. You do get full access to the menus and I was able to update the online accounts, just can't see anything in the register (register doesn't exist).

So, a new problem...

Quicken 2016 R14 installs and runs but the pull down menus do not appear! It looks like they start to appear .... the line under the
menu lightens, like it is there but very small and unreadable.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTnFlN3h3VXRWeFhzTk4zZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9