Quicken 2017 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken 2017 updated and now ONE STEP transaction update fails

Ugh! Not again! I, too, notified the support staff.

Read my last comment and you will learn that Crossover 17beta5 solves the problem caused by the latest Quicken 17 update.

Is there a lik to beta5 or do we need to open a ticket again to get access?

Can you provde a link to 15beta5 please?

I've grown tired of having of having to fix something every few days in order to run Quicken. Parallels has a free trial download that comes with Windows 10, I gave it a try and the process was quick and easy. I think that this will be my permanent fix.

Crossover (when it works) is a far superior solution if all you are trying to do is run Quicken, versus the overhead of having to run a virtual machine and a Windows operating system, with all of its CPU, disk space and memory overhead, maintenance costs, and security issues.

That being said, I now have the same issue with the qw.exe error as of the latest Quicken update. I was on Beta 3, and am hoping that someone will share the link to the Beta 5 (if this exists and was not a typo 😊.

I'm in exactly the SAME boat. I've also looked into the other Linux-based options (skrooge, GnuCash and HomeBank) and while they're all somewhat similar, to borrow a line from a Carly Simon song, nobody does it better (than Quicken). In fact, Quicken is head and shoulders above them.

Back in the mid 90s, Corel was using Borland's C++ compiler; after a particular round of updates from Microsoft, while Corel developers were compiling code, the compiler tanked. After a few repeated efforts, with the compiler tanking at the same point each time, the developers and local geniuses investigated, but that went nowhere. They got Borland's engineers involved and after some time, they found the problem: Microsoft had changed one/some of the calls in one or more Windows modules on which the Borland compiler depended. Of course, Borland updated their compiler, and then Microsoft updated their code again. Eventually, Corel threw in the towel and converted to Visual C++.

That was then.

This is now.

Quicken developers made some changes pursuant to migrating away from Intuit to the Quicken platform, and it broke Quicken under Crossover. Codeweavers provided updates and made Quicken work again. Quicken developers made some more changes ... where does it end?

2017-10-16
Received and applied 17.0.beta5-1 ... Quicken works again. Took a deep breath on starting because the first think Quicken did was download and apply an update, but apparently not an R-level update. Anyway, Quicken works. Again.

I stable release of Crossover 17, which includes fixes for Quicken, is scheduled for this month. To get Quicken working before it is available, I suggest filing a support ticket, as Codeweavers may want to limit distribution of a beta release. Codeweavers has responded quickly when I contacted them for official support.

Beta 5 fixed my issue with Quicken. While irritating, kudos to the Codeweavers team for getting out a fix so quickly

I have had to reload Quicken three tines this week It will crash after I enter my password and it starts to look for updates .
My temp fix is to keep program open and use the hide program mode after backing up faster than a reload and restore.

Can someone share the link for crossover-17.0.beta5-1.zip ?

Here is the link to beta 5. Sorry I didn't post this sooner; I was out of the country.

Link: https://www.codeweavers.com/xfer/QuickenBeta/crossover-17.0.0beta5.zip You must enter "quickenbeta” to begin the download.

Thank you!

It is now Tuesday 10/ 24/2017. I have been able to get Quicken Premier 2017 to run without any problems for the last 4 hours so it seems that the problem has been solved. I had help from Ryan via email at CrossOver. I have included our email conversations and hope that this may help others that were having the same problem I was.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
SENT TO CODEWEAVERS ON THEIR WEBSITE.

CX Version:         CrossOver Mac 16.2.5
Application:        Quicken Premier 2017
Operating System:   macOS 10.11 (El Capitan)

When I open Quicken it asks me to "Create a Quicken ID"  When I click OK
the following error comes up: "The program rundll32.exe has encountered
a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
inconvenience."

HELP!  I really need to use Quicken, as it has ALL my financials on it.
  I travel a lot and without using Quicken I cannot keep up with our
rental properties and other investments.

What do I need to do to fix this problem?

The only program I run with Cross Over is Quicken.  That is the reason I
bought your program.

Sincerely,
Marc Adler

Ryan Abhiram Unsubscribe
Oct 23 (1 day ago)

to me

Hello Marc,

We are familiar with the issue. We implemented another beta version of CrossOver, 17beta5 to resolve this. You can download the Crossover 17beta5 build and run that to get Quicken working again.

For Mac OS:

Visit https://www.codeweavers.com/xfer/QuickenBeta/crossover-17.0.0beta5.zip and enter access code "quickenbeta”

Unzip the file that downloads by double-clicking it. Copy the new CrossOver app icon into your Applications folder and replace your existing CrossOver. Launch it and let it update the existing bottles, and then you should just be able to launch Quicken. If you are still having issues with Quicken then you may need to reinstall it https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/known_install

Thank you in advance for your patience.

Regards,
CodeWeavers Support.

Marc Adler
Oct 23 (1 day ago)

to mac-support

Dear Ryan,
I tried downloading Crossover 17beta5 build twice and tried to run the program both times. I am getting the same results as before. I have attached 3  screen shots so you can see what is happening.  I get to the point where it wants me to enter a new ID and then I get the error code.  Please let me know what I am doing wrong and how to get Quicken 2017 running.  Help.
Thank you,
Marc Adler

Ryan Abhiram
Oct 23 (1 day ago)

to me

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the screenshots. Looks like he mondo patch may need to be applied. You can search for the patch right in CrossOver. Type "Quicken 2017 Mondo Patch". You want to point the installer to the Quicken 2017 bottle. If that bottle does not show as a compatible bottle then Quicken 2017 may need to be re-installed into a new bottle. The mondo patch should resolve the issue.
If you are still running into problems, feel free to call into our support line : at 651-523-9300 option 2 Monday-Friday from 8am-6pm central time.

Regards,
CodeWeavers Support.

Marc Adler
9:07 PM (18 hours ago)

to mac-support

Dear Ryan,
I think that Quicken is now working.  After getting the Mondo Patch from Quicken it got past the ID screen but would then freeze up.  I kept trying and would get a little closer with each reboot and try.  After restarting the computer a couple of times I finally got Quicken to boot up.  It has connected with my financial institutions and so far is working.  Thank you for all your patience and help.

Ryan Abhiram
7:06 AM (8 hours ago)

to me

Marc,
Glad to hear its working!

Thank you so much for this temporary solution! However, Quicken is the main reason I purchased Crossover and the next time I spend this much time to resolve, I will be replacing Crossover with a Windows VM. Also, having to press Alt+T to get the menus to show is annoying. I do understand it is annoying for Crossover devs as well due to the frequent Quicken updates. Unfortunately, my time is just more valuable than having to troubleshoot Quicken functionality.

51 to 65 of 65

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicFEydE1lYUVTU1p5Y1hKRyIsImdkcHIiOjB9