Quicken Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Getting issue installing Quicken on new MacBook Pro (Catalina)

I need some help. I have had no issues on my iMac or MacBook Air, but I am getting install issues on my MacBook Pro.

After the install, I am getting errors with the *.asset files--being told they may contain Malware.

I even exported/imported the bottle from the MacBook Air--but getting the same issue.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Which is the program giving the malware warnings? Your antivirus software? If so and you are sure that the files are clean, your antivirus is probably giving false positives. It would be nice if you could warn your antivirus sofware maker so that they fix it.

It is MacOS itself giving the issue.

“8ad04015359b75f65d68b465cbab918051c72e6d.asset” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.

an unknown application created this file on an unknown date.

MacOS says it was unable to determine which program created the files. Despite the warning message does Quicken install and work?

Have you run MalwareBytes to see if it truly is an issue?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWnd1a1ZMYkJOZ2N3WUZ2WiIsImdkcHIiOjB9