Ragnarok Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

[Private Server] Which client to Run?

Greetings,

I'm a new member and I'm hoping to seek some answers about CrossOver Games. I use a MacBook Pro OSX (Snow Leopard) version 10.6, and CrossOver Games version 10.0. My main point is, I want to try CrossOver Games 10.0 on a private server called, HeRo (http://www.hero-server.net/).

I've already tested CrossOver Games 10.0 with iRo and it works wonderfully (except I still can't change the size for the window). However, my friend wants me to go to a private server with him, and the setup for the game is different than that when installing iRO.

What I did to make iRo work:

1. Download CrossOver Games version 10.0 zip
  2. Open the zip and drag CrossOver Games into my Applications Folder.
  3. Download iRo into my desired folder.
  4. When installation for iRo is done, I searched for my iRo folder > double clicked on Ragnarok.exe
  5. It works! ^^

My attempt in trying to open HeRo (Private Server):

1. I downloaded the full version of the game from the HeRo site into a different folder on my desktop and named it HeRo.
  2. I opened the exe setup file and a setup window pops up for installing HeRo.
  3. Installing HeRo > Chose HeRo folder > Install. After clicking "Install", I started to wait for the extracting to finish.
  4. When finished, I wasn't sure which file I should open because there's both Ragnarok.exe and the original HeRopatcher.exe as well.....

What should I do?

Sincerely,
~AoM`

@Editted Oh one more thing... If I happen to figure out which client to use, what should I do if it says "Fail to Connect to Server"?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWnVaVFNWa1dLRlF2Wnd2VSIsImdkcHIiOjB9