Ragnarok Online Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't get resolution over 800x600 in iRO

Hi, I installed iRO fine, but I can't play the game with the resolution over 800x600. When I try to with a medium resolution (like 1280x600, dont remember exactly), the game runs for 2 seconds then freezes or when i try a big one (1680x1200) the game appears to open two tabs of RO, but besides that there's only a black screen... Full-screen also doesn't work. Tried emulating virtual desktop but it's the same... Oh everything I said happens after the patcher of course. Any help please?

Which version of CrossOver Games are you using? If your computer is a Mac, what's its model and approximate release date?

Crossover version 10.1

I'm using an iMac with ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro... I dont know exactly how old it is, but about 2 or 3 years I guess...

Oh, that's strange.

Did you install the client using its CrossTie profile?

Well... I think I did... I installed many RO servers many times trying the CrossTie profile or custom install it but I got the same error every time (I never left it as 800x600 the first time I opened the game), only by coincidence I found out that 800x600 worked, but now I don't remember if the last install was a custom or not, so I guess a re-install is worth it. I'll update you with the results as soon as I'm done.

Just re-installed... Same thing, guess I installed the right one the first time.
If it's of any use the screen freezes as white when Visual Desktop Emulator is off and black when it's on...

I have the same problem.

/2cents -- this appears all the world like a video ram thing, as in, the
game is exhausting all the video ram available to it... OR ... it's
mis-detected the available amount of video ram that is actually there (some
apps do this on my iMac 11,2 with HD5670 video -- although I have 512mb
of video ram, some apps only detect 128mb. If that happens, I cannot move
to a bigger screen resolution, as things believe there's not enough video
ram to do it)...

Often the only way to change this, is via registry...

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D]
"VideoMemorySize"="512"

You would need to enter the above key into the bottle's registry, changing the
'VideoMemorySize' to equal the amount of video ram you have ...ie; in the example
above, I have 512mb of ram -- you would need change the value to suit how much
video ram you actually have...

Cheers!

How do I enter this key?... When I go to the registry and that folder it doesnt say anything about video memory size

Hi,

Apols, by 'enter' the key into the registry, I mean to create it (enter it,
as in make it part of the registry) ...

You can just cut&paste the above code into a plain text editor, change the
value for video ram to suit your setup, save the file to somename.reg and
then use the registry editor's import function to load the file...else, you
have to do it manually by creating the key sequence....ie; add new key, add
new string value, modify that to set your vramsize ...

Cheers!

Thank you for quick reply, I tried to import the file first but nothing really happened, so I added it manually. But it didn't really have any effect; I still cant run a higher resolution than 800x600.

Bummer, certainly worth a shot ... I'll try it on the Mac here...

Bump this! did you get yours to work any bigger than 800x600 resolution, Augusto? coz i just recently installed RO and now i'm having the same problems with mine.

I'm using crossover games 10.1 and i'm pretty sure its not my mac.
Am using iMac with intel core i7. 3.4gHz processor 4gb ram. AMD Radeon HD 6970M with 1024 vram total.

i've tried changing the registry as above but neither importing the file nor inputting it manually worked for me.
please help

Try using CrossOver Games 9.2.0.

Note:

• You must use the C4P profile instead of the CrossTie profile when using CrossOver Games 9.
• Downgrading from CrossOver Games 10 to 9 on Mac OS X might break your shortcuts. If this happens, delete the contents of your CrossOver Games helper application folder (the default location of which is ~/Applications/CrossOver Games [the tilde symbol represents your home folder]), then choose ‘configure’, ‘clear and rebuild programs menu’ from the menu bar in CrossOver Games.

Hi, I got the same problem, but cannot downgrade to crossover 9.x since I am on Lion. It suck having to run the game in 800*600 on my iMac, i7 3,4 ghz, Radeon HD 6970 2Gb and 8GB RAM. Anybody got new solutions?

Thanks.

1 to 15 of 15

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWWE1a21IVmZheTNRYXNMYSIsImdkcHIiOjB9